Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Thule 561's & Rockshox Reba Maxle-Lite fit?
  • gp
    Free Member

Hi,

As the above really, I am looking for a roof bar carrier and liked the idea of the fork mounted option. However looking thorough the old posts it seems people have had problems mounting a 20mm maxle lite to the 561’s supplied adaptor, but the problems seem to vary with different forks…

Any advice gratefully received!

topgunsteve
    Free Member

Is the 561 the outride one? I have two, it comes with an adapter for 20mm bolt through axle forks, its basically tube that the axle slides through and is then locked into place.

I only have 9mm QR forks so can’t comment on ease of use, it looks pretty straight forward though and once mounted my bikes are very secure, and locked to me car.

gp
    Free Member

Hi, yes that’s the one, it sounds like the supplied 20mm tube doesn’t fit some forks and needs to be filed down, so wanted to check if that is still the case. Glad the QR works OK though and is secure!

neil853
    Free Member

what about 15mm? anyone know what the crack with that i?

gp
    Free Member

You can buy a separate adapter for 15mm..

dseenya
    Free Member

I’ve used the 561 with 20mm adapter and it works fine with 20mm maxle lite (revs). No filing down needed. I ended up getting a hurricane components fork up adapter from CRC. Mainly because I have friends with the same rack in standard 9mm qr and sometimes travel with them. The fork up adapter makes life a bit easier as you mount it to the fork before putting the bike on the rack. Makes putting the maxle through less of a faff that way.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Thule 561's & Rockshox Reba Maxle-Lite fit?’ is closed to new replies.