Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Thule 561 bike rack – design fault??? Owners advice please.
  • chameleon78
    Free Member

Purchased one and assembled and was a little dissappointed to find that the adjustable contact that holds the fork in place when the leaver is locked has no protective finish, it looks like a pastry cutter edge which would damage my carbon forks, I would have thought some form of protection like a rubber washer would’ve been in place. Have any other users retro fitted anything? I am wanting to put the carbon road bike on it but am now worried! can I just cut a piece of old inner tube as protection?

mtbfix

Not sure what fork you are using but most have an alloy dropout so the clamp would do little damage to that.

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Errr…

I am pretty sure mine came with a note saying don’t use with Carbon Forks…

So I don’t use it for my carbon Forked hybrid

doodlebug
    Free Member

chameleon78

You are right, i did the same with my carbon forks on the 561’s, but think you will aways get a round mark on the paint as you have to tighten the rack to the forks quite tight, its really the only thing keeping the bike on the roof apart from the back wheel strap.

Still think it’s by far the best rack money can buy, how many other bikes flap in the wind on the motorway on other crappy racks, got three 561’s and use them all the time, never a problem…..

chameleon78
    Free Member

Think I’ll be using a bit of rubber as I don’t want those marks.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Thule 561 bike rack – design fault??? Owners advice please.’ is closed to new replies.