Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Thrunton woods thursday mid day
  • Three_Fish
    Free Member

Sleep well, perhaps I’ll see you tomorrow…

Xylene
    Free Member

Never realised there was a trail builders forum for up there.

Happy to spend some weekends helping out.

carbon337
    Free Member

Quirrel mail me on address in profile and I’ll happily send you all the details to get involved.

Drac

I do enjoy riding the new trails at Thrunton but I’ve also made my feelings on them heard on here before. The work you guys continue to do is appreciated thought and I’ve had accept the once quiet Thrunton in no more.

Camel’s Hoof looks good tying to think how I’ve missed it.

Death’s drop has a bigger run off now and one of the trees is gone. It’s not what it was but still good. Said it for a few years but one day I will make a trail building day.

angryratio
    Free Member

Somewhere on a public road, mentioned on public forums will never stay quiet long.
    Besides, is’nt Thrunton pushed as a place for walkers and cyclists alike?

seanodav
    Free Member

To be honest i dont think it has been very busy at all this year for cyclists, always busy but mainly walkers.

toons
    Free Member

I’ll second that

Stranga
    Free Member

Yea I only live 10 mins away and have only been once this year, as I prefer things a bit more technical and steeper but Thrunton is fine for the odd night ride or windy day…..if you can avoid all the cocks on xc bikes dressed like robo cop that is, but again probably not as bad as official trail centres. IMO the best piece of trail in Thrunton is the newish walkers path just down from Pink Panther, nice flow and plenty of roots best natural trail there by a country mile……good old FC.

toons
    Free Member

Stranga are you still riding those private woods in Duns?

Stranga
    Free Member

Toons, yes but those are not the ones on helmet cam you emailled me about. And afraid I still cant tell where that helmet cam was taken.Sorry!

toons
    Free Member

That’s not what somebody told me 😉

Stranga
    Free Member

Well I can honestly say you have been mis informed, some of my helmet cam is from the Duns tracks and are labelled as private club tracks as its private land that we have permission to use hence the wooden built start ramp BUT the one you specifically emailed me about is not one of them and is now twice the length of them so not possible on the hill near Duns.

But believe what you like, no skin of my nose.

Best track in Thrunton is still that walker path hehehe

pinkyponk
    Free Member

Stranga is right, all the natural stuff at Thrunton is best, but the trail builders are a necessary evil in my opinion. They put a great deal of work into areas which get hammered, week in week out by brainless arseholes who smash the trails to bits with there full face helmets and stormtrooper suits on. They have no appreciation of the delicate nature of some of the trails up there which NEED time off during the rainy season, and never get it because of the amount of traffic it gets now.
    Also, the afor mentioned plebs, gravitate towards trails like HP and the like which have a bit of work done on them, which reduces traffic on some of the finer natural stuff.
    I am all for the trail builders, as long as its maintenance for sustainability, without them, the braking holes, and gloop would just continue to multiply.

PS, why would any body need a guide down PP ? in case you get lost ?
    Tart.

Drac

Well off there tomorrow morning now, we ride pretty much a huge majority of the original stuff and some on the ‘bike trails’ all good fun.

seanodav
    Free Member

pinkyponk is bang on, gravel etc is never added to a trail unless there is no other answer, it is always last resort. Nobody i know would barrow gravel for miles around a wooded area for fun or to make trails look like shite.
    might see you about drac.

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Thrunton woods thursday mid day’ is closed to new replies.