Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Through axle question
  • monostereo
    Free Member

Howdy folks, my new bike has through axles (dt swiss) with a leaver on the back wheel but no leaver on the front. Not sure why the front has no leaver, can I just buy one of these (which is what’s on the back wheel):

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/dt-swiss-rws-thru-bolt-alloy/rp-prod81162?gs=1&utm_source=google&utm_term=&utm_campaign=Chain+Reaction-UK-PLA-PLA-All-DT-SE-Shopping+QLB+Generic+Desktop&utm_medium=base&utm_content=mkwid|s7wvoI8cF_dc|pcrid|161850070953|pkw||pmt||prd|362947UK

Cheers!

Klunk
    Free Member

you can use the rear lever for the front

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

Are you sure that.s the correct size . Proper bolt through axles are usually 12x 142 on the rear and 15 x 100 on the front , add 10mm if they are boost . Thase DT Swiss ones are usually used in a QR wheel .

monostereo
    Free Member

aha! cool cheeers. Should the lever just pull off then? cant seem to work out how to detach it from the Axel.

monostereo
    Free Member

any ideas on how to get the darn lever off chaps? I can’t work it out 🙁

baddddad
    Free Member

According to the manual that came with my Canyon you just have to yank it hard. Not succeeded yet!

monostereo
    Free Member

me neither. I tried again this morning and it just won’t budge. Might just need to suck it up and buy a new axel with a lever on it. The manual is annoying vague as well!

deadkenny
    Free Member

DT RWS have two main kinds, Bolt-thru which is for QR skewer stuff with a bolt other end, and Thru-axle that’s regular axle that screws in to the frame/fork.

Also, only the ‘plug-in’ versions have removable levers.

https://www.dtswiss.com/Components/Overview?cat=RWS

Anyway, no lever on front, a Rockshox with Maxle Stealth possibly? Just use an allen key. Or get a Maxle Ultimate. Not sure a DT axle will work on RS forks.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Through axle question’ is closed to new replies.