Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • three questions i d like the tele folk to ask
  • totalshell

for a good couple of weeks now we ve seen scences of utter desperation and inequality acted out on the periphery of the eu.

last night was probably the most extremme as both sides hurled missiles and water at each other.

rightly we ve seen the tv folk interviewing folks desperate to be not there..

i was struck last night as a young woman said take my child to germany i will stay here..she said shed walked for 10 days from the turkey /syria border to the crossing point on the hungarian border.. its 2300 kilometeres according to google.. in ten days.. on foot with a primary school aged kid. why once in a nato country .. turkey did they feel so insecure they would embark on such a journey..

the same to the syrian heart consultant who with his family of 4 braved a sea crossing of 11 miles from turkey to greece and paid someone 2000e each for the priviledge.. why would you do that when they could buy a car in turkey for 2000e and drive all the way to germany unhindered..

bencooper
    Free Member

why would you do that when they could buy a car in turkey for 2000e and drive all the way to germany unhindered..

If only this heart consultant was smart enough to think of that, eh? Perhaps because they wouldn’t be able to get to Germany unhindered at all, and there’s water between Turkey and Germany?

doris5000

turkey might be safe but it basically means living in a refugee camp with 2 million others. They can’t get work permits either.

From that position i’d imagine Germany seems like a land of milk and honey…

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/09/15/us-mideast-crisis-migrants-turkey-analys-idUSKCN0RF1PX20150915

totalshell

i suppose they could nt afford the 2 quid each for the 11 ferries every hour across the Bophurus….or if desperate one of the bridges should surfice.. ive travelled greece to calais on my motorbike and wasnt asked once for my details except on the way there when i crossed into switzerland from france.. forgot my sleeping bag at a camp site.. doh.

jimdubleyou

turkey might be safe but it basically means living in a refugee camp with 2 million others.

Doesn’t that affect their “refugee” status then? They are no longer seeking refuge (they have it), they are seeking a better life?

Turkey obviously can’t cope with the volume so we should do something?

Do we need a “European” reception centre – that discourages the unfettered cross border travel and allows people to be processed as asylum seekers into their preferred European country legally rather than having to walk down a motorway?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘three questions i d like the tele folk to ask’ is closed to new replies.