Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Three Mifi Wifi router thingy
  • tails
    Free Member

Anyone got one of these or are there any alternatives? I’m living in a basement flat with my girlfriend, my iPhone 6s gets 4g where as my girlfriends Samsung Galaxy alpha doesn’t get even 3G. The chap at three said the iPhone has a better mobile internet features, Im after something that’ll pick up 4g and is pretty much plug and play

Cletus
    Free Member

I would have thought that the network would have made more difference than the device. Are your phone and your gf’s on the same network?

The link below is to a reasonably recent article which should answer many of your questions.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/buying-advice/internet/best-mifi-2016-uk-best-mobile-wi-fi-buying-guide-3637018/

This type of Internet access is pretty expensive – One pound per GB would be good value.

I did use to have a T-Mobile Wireless Pointer MiFi device a few years ago – 3G but pretty fast. Now I just tether to my work iPhone when I am out and about

mattyfez

They are very expensive in terms of data allowance, so if you torrent or stream as your main video consumption ..

Should be ok for just browsing and email though.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Three Mifi Wifi router thingy’ is closed to new replies.