Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Three grand for a commuter!
  • ruminant
    Free Member

Rizoma 77

Yeah looks nice, but its just a commuter, who’s going to pay £2960 plus the cost for a mirror (probably another couple of hundred)

It will end up on the cycle show and all the trendies will buy one, hate to be stereotypical, but we know thats what will happen

PJay
    Free Member

Am I reading that right – brakes are optional? … and an aluminium saddle!

timbur
    Free Member

I bet it doesn’t look like that if it ever gets built.
    Different crank, seapost, etc.

captaindanger

sinfully ugly

Sandwich

Hit every branch of the ugly tree on the way down. My eyes.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

This thread needs more Budnitz.

boxfish
    Free Member

If ever a bike says of it’s rider, “I am an attention whore”, it’s that one.

ton

banger for work 2k
    road tax £140 per year
    petrol £1440 per year
    mot £50 if it is a good runner

3k for a commuter aint so bad to some folk. 😀

zilog6128

My commuter cost nearly 2 grand with all the upgrades it has had. For most people who commute by bike that will be the one they spend the most time on. Life’s too short to ride shit bikes.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Bet it flexes a lot.

£3k? Doubtless there will be someone who’ll buy it, there always is. I wonder if those cranks will make production?

tonyd

Doesn’t look like it has rack or mudguard mounts = useless.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Doesn’t look like it has rack or mudguard mounts = useless.

+1

My commuter cost nearly 2 grand with all the upgrades it has had. For most people who commute by bike that will be the one they spend the most time on. Life’s too short to ride shit bikes.

+1, mine cost me £100 off someone on here’s dad (see: my dad’s claude buttler), £60 on tyres, £40 guards, £30 chainset, £20 bar tape, £20 brake pads, £40 rack, £200 panniers.

So that’s £600+ and it’s still 3×6 friction shift! If I was taking it seriously it’d be another £400 for a 105 groupset, £300 for some nice-ish wheels, new bars, saddle and seatpost would be nice too. That puts it to ~£1500 teritory and it’s still an old steel bike from the 60’s!

D0NK

£3k and you don’t even get brakes.
    No brakes & no chance of fitting mudguards = not a commuter

For most people who commute by bike that will be the one they spend the most time on

this is a very good point however its also the bike I spend least amount of time cleaning and fettling and most amount of time in the rain, I have difficulty bringing myself to spend proper money on stuff that gets neglected.

steveoath
    Free Member

FFUUUUGGGLLLYYY

Think my commuter cost a tenth of that!

ThePinkster

Fookme that’s ugly.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Dear God.. you lot hate a bit of fashion/trend/designer stuff don’t ya’s.
    It’s a good looking thing that, it’s not designed for anything more than pottering around a brightly lit city and gliding from bar to bar to mates house..home.
    I love a bit of art/design in a bike me, keeps pushing this “two triangle” thing we ride forward.
    And £3k is now’t to those that it’s designed for, they spend more than that on a suit for work, or latest Jeans and Jackets.

Me Likeee, but me not buyeee as I do have a trackie from BLB for my city riding.

TiRed

It’s a lot cheaper than a Smart Car 😉 . Rather like it, personally. But it’s not a “commuter”. As bb says, it’s for posing around the city.

ruminant
    Free Member

I agree with Ton and zilog if your going to spend alot of time commuting get the best you can, £3000 will seem a good investment I suppose over a year or so if thats your sole transport.

Don’t get me wrong I actually think it looks nice, except the cranks, but its just fashion for those trying too hard.

I’d be more impressed by a top notch flat barred belt driven afline racer/commuter hybrid with some sort of KERS recovery system to help away from the lights 😉

as a side note: I commute on my C456, one bike to rule them all lol

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Three grand for a commuter!’ is closed to new replies.