Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Thoughts/experience powder coat Fox Forks?
  • SteveTheBarbarian
    Free Member

Bought a Yet 575 frame in Turquoise:

As far as I'm concerned, it'll look much better with black forks. I'd like some 2009 Fox TALAS Rl's with 150mm travel, as they were black.

I've been trying to track some down for about 2 months now, with no luck(theres's some on ebay now, but steerer cut to 175mmm – mistake I recon). I wan't TALAS feature, as I've used it loads on My Cotic Soul, but never used the compression adjuster, so not really bothered about that.

My question relates to these:

A bargain at just over £400 delivered from US(US ebay). I won't be happy with them not being black though. If cost is reasonable, and result very good, I'd be prepared to get them sprayed/powder coated, and fit new stickers. So any advice on doing this, or do I hang on for some 2009 Rl's in black – I wont ride it till spring anyway?

Cheers, Steve.

🙂

flamejob
    Free Member

Before:

After:

I took the 'can't be arsed to take the lowers off' approach to painting them.
    If you do it yourself make sure you sand all the surfaces of the existing powder coat to give a good key. Also, be super accurate with masking. I am pretty precise about the masking and did the adjusters, seals brake mounts etc.

I think you should polish them 🙂

SteveTheBarbarian
    Free Member

So they're Fox forks with Pike stickers? That's a strange thing to do, but coating looks OK, as far as I can tell in picture. I did look at Pikes, but think they only go to 140mm.

grantway
    Free Member

I give my mate a call he knows someone who will spray them
    expensive mind

lagerfanny
    Free Member

Congrats on buying the frame Steve, Not sure about powder coating forks but any decent body shop should be able to quote on a respray.
    White Fox Float fork's highlight the lush Yeti Turquoise…………
    but then i am biased 😉

SteveTheBarbarian
    Free Member

Fatbloke.

Guess white would suit the new Turquiose/White frames well, but I don't like them as much.

With black writing, black shock, and carbon rear bits, I just don't want anything but black. I don't really want to spray those, but they are a bargain. Still think I'll likely stick it out for some black 09 rls.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Thoughts/experience powder coat Fox Forks?’ is closed to new replies.