Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Thoughts – scaling down to one bike Cotic Solaris?
  • ks562
    Free Member

Fancying a change from my current bike(s) – 26 inch Scott Spark and my carbon 29er race bike. Turns out I’m not that fussed about xc racing, given it a shot the last two summers but whilst I like the training I’m actually not a fan of racing and would rather be out enjoying my fitness adventuring in the hills (which I’m really missing!)

So thinking of selling my race bike, hopefully should get around £1k as it’s in good condition. My spark is also fairly battered after 3 years.

Thinking of replacing both with the Solaris MK2 and having two wheelsets – 29er and a plus set.

My main riding is around Stirling, with regular trips to Comrie and the TweedValley (mainly Golfie). Enjoy trips to the Lakes and an annual trip to Torridon. Thinking 29er hardtail as I’m happpy riding most stuff on my XC bike (full suss only used for Golfie these days) but something a bit more relaxed would be nice if going to be the only bike. I’d also be able to enter the odd local race still if I fancied it.

Any thoughts on the Solaris and anyone running it with a plus wheelset?

I loved borrowing my other half’s Soul until he sold it *sob*

whitestone
    Free Member

It’s what I do, I’ve the Mk1 Solaris. Currently it’s set up with the B+ wheelset (Alpkit Rumpus) and a rigid carbon fork. Did most of the Peak 200 ITT at the weekend on it.
    Every time I think about getting another MTB I realise that the Solaris covers that use case. (but the new Cotic bikes look lovely 🙄 )

jimw
    Free Member

I am lucky enough to own a number of bikes. If I had to keep just one it would be the Solaris

benp1

If I had to keep one MTB then it would be my Solaris

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Thoughts – scaling down to one bike Cotic Solaris?’ is closed to new replies.