Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • thoughts on this please. cube CX bike spotted at cycle show.
  • jacob46
    Free Member

http://www.leisurelakesbikes.com/p/18215/cube-cross-race-pro-disc-cyclocross-bike-2015

Winter work commute with mud guards. Toss up between this, whyte suffolk or caadx.

1981miked
    Free Member

That looks really nice, no details on spec though. I had a Cube road bike which was very nice to ride and well built. Cube bikes look good value for money.

Nice in the red aswell.. No help to your ongoing conundrum but I’d have it over our other choices, but then I like shiny bright bikes. I went with my mate go pick up his 2015 Kona Jake the Snake yesterday from Evans and I was very impressed with the quality of the bike. Looks much better in the metal than the pics.

I’m considering the 2014 Kona Jake, looks good value for money now they are reduced.

jacob46
    Free Member

Cheers I’ll take a look at the kona.

tang
    Free Member

Looks good, full hydro ultegra? Kinesis pro6 is worth a look for raceable bike with eyelets for full guards.

Jamie
    Free Member

no details on spec though.

ETA: December according to Hargrove Cycles.

The bottom line seems to be if you want a bike with hydros and Ultegra at a decent price, you will be looking at December to get a bike from Cube/Rose or Canyon.

1981miked
    Free Member

Cheers Jamie, wouldn’t show up on my phone. That is a cracking spec for the cash, it will be December before I’ll be riding again anyway due to injury.

Hmmm.. Off to count my pennies!

Jamie
    Free Member

If I was buying in December, and spending £1400, I think the Rose DX-3000 would edge it:

http://www.rosebikes.co.uk/bike/rose-pro-dx-cross-3000-hydraulic-2015/aid:770985

…but then that might be just because I don’t like red bikes 😛

1981miked
    Free Member

Nice bike, but not a fan of white.

jacob46
    Free Member

not a fan of white myself but i went to the cycle show yesterday and spoke to rose and they said if i put my order in now i would get it january!!

Jamie
    Free Member

Nice bike, but not a fan of white.

In that case, you’ll be wanting it in anodised black 😉

not a fan of white myself but i went to the cycle show yesterday and spoke to rose and they said if i put my order in now i would get it january!!

That is shit. 🙁

womp
    Free Member

Had this same dilemma myself and ended up ordering the cube then cancelling it when I saw the Rose (I like white) but now in swaying to the canyon (but I’m not crazy about the colour) after being told the Rose is 9,8kg so both the cube and Rose are 1 Kg heavier than the Canyon if claimed weight it anything to go by, it’s a shame the Rose does not have any configuration options as it would be nice to upgrade the wheels but then I guess that would still not help as the Canyon would still be better VFM

1981miked
    Free Member

Anodised black is boring.. I want bright colours! All my biking gear is dark colours, I’m fed up of it. Currently adding colour to my riding apparel!

Jamie
    Free Member

Had this same dilemma myself and ended up ordering the cube then cancelling it when I saw the Rose (I like white) but now in swaying to the canyon (but I’m not crazy about the colour) after being told the Rose is 9,8kg so both the cube and Rose are 1 Kg heavier than the Canyon if claimed weight it anything to go by, it’s a shame the Rose does not have any configuration options as it would be nice to upgrade the wheels but then I guess that would still not help as the Canyon would still be better VFM

The wheels on the Rose are only 120g heavier than those on the Canyon. So you wouldn’t make a major saving over the Canyon’s offering.

DT Swiss R23 DB on the Canyon – 1644g
    DT Swiss R24 DB on the Rose – 1764g

To be honest, I think that like their previous offerings, Rose will offer a configurator(sp?) nearer the time they can actually give build times.

…FWIW, the Cube’s Mavic Aksium Ones are nearly 2kg.

womp
    Free Member

Jamie i also cant see the 1kg difference in the bikes,

ive added both bikes to the cart and With P&P added the canyon works out £83 more expensive, but the Canyon has better wheels (£150 prem) and suspension seat post (£150 prem) so on paper its a no brainer so its just dempends if you prefer white or red.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Hopefully I’ll be able to let you know about the Cube next week if all goes well!
    They’re waiting the the Shimano hydraulic brakes to arrive at the moment & that’s the main reason they haven’t been shipped already.

Jamie
    Free Member

The Shimano hydros seem to be the hold up on most manufacturers.

Reckon I am going to go for something with mechs, then upgrade next year when I can get them cheap-ish from CRC/Rose etc.

This would put to bed the nagging thoughts I do have about them. As there is the simple fact that nearly every new road disc brake, both mech and hydro, had a recall this/last year.

Although, saying that, Shimano held off releasing anything last year in order to make sure they got this right the first time around…..unlike SRAM.

DT78
    Free Member

It’ll be an expensive upgrade as my understanding is you will need new levers too.

Hood shape on the sram hydros is very pronounced, not sure about it to be honest whether it would be comfy long distance. Shimanos seemed much closer to their mechanical levers. Might have to make the shift.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

It’ll be an expensive upgrade as my understanding is you will need new levers too.

‘Only’ £300 for a full setup on pre order from a few online places already. Which is only £70 more than the mechnical versions (levers and callipers) on CRC. I was thinking of getting a mechanical braked bike and transfering the levers to a new road bike in the summer, but don’t really need to so it’s a bit superfluous.

I’m not to worried about the disk brakes, if SRAM’s offering was anywhere near as bad as Elixirs then it’s not suprising they were recalled. Where as Shimano brakes are pretty much the standard when it comes to reliability.

and suspension seat post

I’ve got the original version which is good (feels like the difference between a 23 and 25mm tyre, or 10psi less) if the new ones even better then it’s worth every penny.

Jamie
    Free Member

As per TINAS. £350-ish from CRC. Say you sell your existing shifters and brakes for £100, assuming 105/Spyre combo, then that’s only £200-250 to upgrade to full hydros.

D0NK

It’ll be an expensive upgrade as my understanding is you will need new levers too

got some old 760 xt callipers here was hoping to cheaply upgrade to hydros by just buying some levers (running single ring so only need RH shifter) but don’t think it’s going to be cheap enough 🙁

drlex
    Free Member

The Shimano hydros seem to be the hold up on most manufacturers.

Looks that way; think I’ll now hold back on the Canyon/Rose/Cube selection until they start shipping and some reviews/experiences get posted. Sadly, waiting will probably mean a March/April ship date by the time I decide and the need for such a bike will have dwindled significantly.

jacob46
    Free Member

I’m not even sure if a cx bike is the right choice for commuting to work.
    Its the stability I’m after with thicker tyres. Phoned specialized today and they said the new robaix Disc can have 32’s on so I mite shell out the extra and get one.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘thoughts on this please. cube CX bike spotted at cycle show.’ is closed to new replies.