Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Thoughts on selling a bike
  • bwaarp
    Free Member

Going to go 650b whilst I can still get a decent amount of cash for my 26inch bike. I needed a larger frame but had a gander over a Norco Range Killer B 2, it would cost me the same as a frame upgrade and the components are reasonable and it looks lovely.

The only problem is that my Mega currently has a strange mix of parts on it, I destroyed my flows on another bike in a stupid accident so the bike would be equipped with the rather eclectic mix of Hope Tech V2 rotors attached to crest wheels.

I also cut the steerer a bit short. So, considering the daft mix of parts do you guys think I should knock a bit off the price? I don’t want to rip off anyone on the forum.

I can’t really be arsed to take the bike apart and sell the bits one by one so I’m trying to figure out a price that will get the bike off my hands quickly without losing to much – so that I can order the new toy.

What’s the general rule for pricing a bike as well?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

save the hassle and get a 29’r

Selling pick a price and vary it up or down until it goes.

Either that or list as complete with will consider a split you may get enough offers for enough parts to make it worth splitting.

Just make sure you are honest with the listings.

bwaarp
    Free Member

No, I’ve tried a few 29ers nothing tempts me…..the only one that might appeal is the 29er evo but even some of the positive reviews have mentioned the riders are going back to their more playful 26 inch bikes.

I’m going with the Norco mostly because I needed a new frame and I’m hedging my bets that 650b will slowly become the “playful” wheel to have. My 150/160mm travel bike needs to be able to do everything including dirt jumps, I don’t fancy the idea of DJing on a 29er. Hopefully the wheel size wont turn out like straight 1.5 steerers.

Heart is definitely set on the Norco.

Puuuurdy.

I’ll put up the list in the sale section next week when I’m back with my bike.

bwaarp
    Free Member

Bikes for sale if any of you ‘chat forum’ big hitters want it. 😀

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Thoughts on selling a bike’ is closed to new replies.