Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Thoughts on lapierre team spicy
  • kwack
    Free Member

Hi

Any thoughts on these? What they like to ride etc. Also as they have this inboard rear brakes Mount I have read that hope calipers won’t fit.

Anyone got one who could confirm otherwise

Cheers
    Kwack

dartmoormtb
    Free Member

Hi, my zesty has the inside calliper mount. Running hopes no problems.

kwack
    Free Member

That good to know. What calipers are you running ans disc size

edd

I have a Spicy with the in board calliper mount. Although I haven’t tried it looks like there’s plenty of space for a Hope calliper (I run Shimano XT M8000 with no issues both with 160mm and 180mm rotors).

It is worth bearing in mind that fitting the calliper is a fiddly and you have to remove the calliper to be able to replace the brake pads (to remove the pad retaining pin).

I found that the suspension is very linear and thus easy to bottom out, although this has been more or less solved with the largest Fox volume space. The other point to note is that the in board calliper means the stays are quite wide which can lead to heal rub.

Other than that it’s been a great bike and, fingers crossed, super durable. It’s fun to ride and fits me well.

Oh one more thing, the bushings on the rear pivots don’t last that long.

goyawave
    Free Member

I ran mine with E4 calipers but couldn’t go 180mm.

maxtorque

Pretty capable bike. Light, stiff, good to pedal. A bit short ‘n tall by the absolute latest standards, but i’d say it’s actually a really good UK bike, ie capable enough for the rough stuff, yet pedalable enough for the rest of the time (the majority, lets be honest 😉

One of my riding posse has one, and it’s been pretty reliable, but had issues with the EI system and recently he found a suspected crack on the swing arm that went back for exchange (not sure if it actually was a full on crack through the ally arm, rather than a paint defect, but part was replaced under warranty without issue)

it likes a bit of back wheel action too:

😆

honourablegeorge

I had a 2010 spicy, it had wide stays that caused heel rub, a fox shock that was too linear until I fitted a large volume spacer, and bushings that didn’t last long. Good to see they’ve moved on:)

kwack
    Free Member

All good feedback thanks

I have 183 rotor to go on the back so seems like this may not fit

I would be looking at all carbon one

maxtorque

Spicy moved to ally chainstay even on the carbon framed / carbon seat stay
    versions.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Thoughts on lapierre team spicy’ is closed to new replies.