Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Thoughts on 2015 Fox 34's?
  • chestrockwell

Hello all. What are people’s thoughts on the 2015 Fox 34’s? I know 2013’s were mince and 2014 only slightly better but I have not tried the 2015 version.

I’m aware Pikes are the answer but in 140mm 29er mode they are quite expensive atm. I could wait a month or two until I’ve got the cash but that will mean not having my big bike ready for the annual lads trip away.

The 34’s can be had within budget now and since I’m a bit of a tart will match the rear shock. I plan to treat myself to a fancy full bike in a few years so just want to get this one back on the road without spending too much.

Any thoughts on 2015 34’s will be greatly appreciated.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

not ridden bit a complete re design so forget any past history.

deviant
    Free Member

As above, DIRT magazine were among the harshest critics of the Fox-34 but reviewed their position when the 2015 items came to market, by all accounts they’re a decent fork now.

chestrockwell

Thanks for the replies. Any one got any other thoughts?

pinetree
    Free Member

I’ve got a set on my Yeti. They’ve been pretty good so far!

Cheers,
    Scott.

hora
    Free Member

My 34’s are classed as 2015’s but they have the gold-coloured decals.

Last week I went from Talas to floats internals and so far….. its looking good 😀

strike
    Free Member

I’m running 2015 34 TALAS and I’m really happy with them. Very stiff and best TALAS yet (ok they’re not as plush as the FLOAT but I’ll trade that for the ability to switch travel).

I can’t help but think it became trendy to knock Fox in general, especially the 34’s…..

hora
    Free Member

I can’t help but think it became trendy to knock Fox in general, especially the 34’s…..

I can answer that- partly because alot of people read/believe everything bikeradar say and regurgitate this.

The 2013’s weren’t that bad. Just slightly wooden but then apart from Pikes I can’t describe many RS fork products as fantastical either.

Secondly its Fox’s own fault as they had alot of stanchion wear stories etc knocking about that harmed Fox’s image in general.

rhayter

I’ve got them on my Yeti, too. Unfortunately they’re off to Mojo tomorrow as I can’t get any more than 90mm of travel out of them. But that 90mm is really good! When Mojo get them working sweetly, I’m sure I’ll be more than happy with them… Except the 2016 model is available now: 200g lighter, new FIT4 damper (related to the one in the F36 – yum) and easy-to-add-volume-spacers air spring. Kind of hoping that Mojo will just write off my pair and give me the 2016s.*

*This will not happen.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

I have a 2014 34 Float on my Bronson. When I bought the bike the Fox was the only option as the Pikes were not available

The Float was pretty crap as it blew through the mid stroke so I either had to have it too firm so it was OK for the steep stuff or set it fine for general riding but then it was crap for the descents

It’s been completely transformed by THIS Push Air Volume cap for £40. I am now running 80psi instead of 100psi but getting a nice progressive spring rate that just gives me full travel on the biggest hits.

Turned a pretty rubbish fork into a good fork. Best £40 I ever spent on a bike

chestrockwell

Cheers all. I know Pikes are great but at this moment in time the extra £150 I’ll have to pay over the 34’s would be better spent elsewhere.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Thoughts on 2015 Fox 34's?’ is closed to new replies.