Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Thoughts before I buy?
  • ajf
    Free Member

Been looking at the Rock Lobster Ltd Edition with full XT and mavic rims.

Only thing that makes me hesitate slightly is the Fox forks? Heard loads of bad things about them?

So on the one hand a bike that is great value for money and better spec than anything else I can find for the price

On the other hand, white forks on a black bike (minor issue) but also fox forks?

The other specs of the regular Rock Lobster bikes with rs rebas has gone down in recent weeks so the saving of the ltd edition is even better now. its just those dammned white foxes?

What would you do?

chakaping
    Free Member

Call/email them and ask to “downgrade” to Rebas, or upgrade the bits you don’t like on the standard RL.

They’ve been brilliant for giving custom spec quotes in the past.

bikemonkey
    Free Member

You’ll hear both good and bad things about Fox forks. (I’ve had 4 pairs with no probs at all).

If they won’t requote, sell them on here or ebay and use the cash to buy what you want.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

realy fancy some 36’s, but would rather buy forks where some people have problems, not some people seem to be ok!

ajf
    Free Member

Asked to downgrade the forks on the ltd edition and is a no go.

Like for like apart from different forks extra £100ish so just above budget.

Upgrading standard RL to similar XT groupset means still slightly more expensive, plus not as nice finishing kit and crossride wheels instead of 717’s?

DezB
    Free Member

Go for it, Fox Forx are bloody great. I’ll buy em off you if you don’t like em.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Thoughts before I buy?’ is closed to new replies.