• This topic has 39 replies, 31 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Taff.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • thought i was going to be punched
  • dogbert
    Free Member

At work

This guy today who i work with, bit of a know it all type comes round to ask me something. When i disagree’d with him he got more and more angry to the point where i thought he was going to assault me. I stepped out, ‘ame back 10 minutes later and he starts again so i backed right off andkept repeating ‘im not arguing with you about this’ tl he finally shut up.

Another colleague tells me this is the 3rd time in a week he’s went off on one, but not as bad as today

What to do? (Other than bombers)

deluded
    Free Member

When he’s in a more calm and lucid moment take him to one side and ask him what the problem is. He might have a few dramas in his home/personal life that he needs a hand with.

dogbert
    Free Member

When i heard its not been the first time thats what i thought

loum
    Free Member

shoes

Edit: try to avoid him. You did the right things today. If he’s just “this bloke at work” then don’t get involved- its not your problem, if he’s a mate then have a chat at a better time.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

comes round to ask me something. When i disagree’d with him he got more and more angry

Well you haven’t exactly provided a lot of of material to work on, but based on that rather limited information, I would suggest you don’t argue with him and keep your head down until things blow over. He is very unlikely to assault you – if he was so much of a nutter that he fights with his work colleagues, then he would have been locked up by now. In the meantime go on a bike ride over the weekend and forget about it.

skywalker
    Free Member

What to do?

MTFU x 10

sssimon
    Free Member

start hidig his stationary, move the keys about on his keyboard, turn his coa inside out when he leaves it unattended, turn his monitor off every time he leaves his desk………

not that I’ve been antagonising a colleague recently

yunki
    Free Member

do you work for a skip hire company..?
    is the bloke about 5 foot tall..?

if so it’s probably my brother in law..

you can resolve the situation by kicking him repeatedly in the family jewels..

Pook

need a skip?

Skiptrips.com

(sorry for the hijack)

GlitterGary
    Free Member

+1 for a good kick in the gonads. Then choke him out when he’s lying on the floor. If he tries to kiss you, don’t bottle it up, just go with it.

yunki
    Free Member

+1 for the kissing..

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Report him to your boss. You don’t need that sh.t at work.
    Failling that, glasgow kiss. 🙂

elzorillo
    Free Member

MTFU or accept you’re a coward and agree with him.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

He is not Australian and named Sean, is he?

Try and talk to him and see if he is reasonable or not – if not wind him up and let him hit you…

MrOvershoot

We have someone at work who started to do this, turned out he was diabetic (he didn’t know and the mood swings/anger were a result of the swings in blood sugar)

mooman
    Free Member

He sounds a good reason to go to work ….you wont get better potential amusement anywhere else.

I suggest you go with SSSIMON advise.
    Maybe secretly film it for others amusement too.
    The fella sounds great fun!

sparkyrhino

Takes his tea mug for a trip to the toilet.

trail_rat
    Free Member

You work in my office ? There was nearly fistiecuffs yesterday due to cultural differences.

project
    Free Member

as above we al have upsets that sometimes migrate into working time, and we sometimes loose it with work mates.

Just chat to him on monday.

Coyote
    Free Member

*makes notes on sssimons post*

MSP

Well if you don’t know the right answer then you deserve to be punched.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

There was nearly fistiecuffs yesterday due to cultural differences.

Whether to listen to Kiss FM or Radio 4 ? That causes right arguments for me, I can tellya. Although if the feckers wind me up too much they end up having to listen to some Asian station banging out Bollywood numbers. With the volume turned right up.

emsz
    Free Member

Try working in an office full of women. No-one ever raises their voices and on the surface it’s all nice, but Oh My Gosh the bitchiness is something else!! 😆

smell_it
    Free Member

If he owns shoes, and you have a fully functioning bladder the answer seems pretty simple to me.

thekingisdead
    Free Member

MrWoppit
    Free Member

HR

dogbert
    Free Member

all good advice, especially the jelly but I don’t know how i’ll hold his head down for long enough to allow the jelly to set.

Talked to the wife and I’m not going to say anything. If he approaches me I’ll be gracious but I’m not getting anymore involved. I have an extremely long memory for this kind of behaviour and he’s well and truly burnt his bridges with me, not the first time he’s fell out with someone at work then acted like a dick about it and spent his time and energy on some sort of vendetta against them…….which has just made him look like more of a dick.

I get the whole “maybe there’s something going on at home” but thinking back this certainly isn’t the first time he’s “went off” and I’m sure it won’t be the last. Either way I’m taking no more to do with him. I’ll let it slide this time, but if this happens again i’m straight to HR and he can explain himself there.

Junkyard
    Free Member

report tot HR that you have met a big hitter in the real world and ask them to deal with it

Obviously there are other people who have seen his behaviour so you need to do something about it officially or unofficially by just arguing with him and dealing with the consequences. It is your call

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I have an extremely long memory for this kind of behaviour and he’s well and truly burnt his bridges with me, not the first time he’s fell out with someone at work then acted like a dick about it and spent his time and energy on some sort of vendetta against them…….which has just made him look like more of a dick.

Well if you think vendettas are not something to be pursued, then I reckon you should use your extremely long memory for other things, forget about him having burnt his bridges with you, and move on. You’ll be a happy person for it.

maccruiskeen

all good advice, especially the jelly

That jelly is made of urine.

If he gets arsey again spike his coffee with diazepam. Then once he’s nice and mellow spike a second cup of coffee with picolax. Make sure you don’t get his cup mixed up with yours.

sssimon
    Free Member

glad my evil genius is being appreciated, on saturday i took all the pens from her desk, this morning when she was on tea break i returned them all but mixed up the insides so that he red is blue, blue is black and black is red

and I blunted the pencil

dabble
    Free Member

and I blunted the pencil

Oh the humanity! You really are a nasty one 😛

martinhutch
    BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Tell him to grow up and stop acting like a dick.
    Either
    1 – he will, or
    2 – he’ll hit you. Don’t worry, you’ll get over it but in most places assault is grounds for summary dismissal. Problem solved with short term pain for long term gain.
    (hint, if you think he might hit you, walk away – odds are he won’t know how to react, but will become aware of all the people staring and laughing nervously)

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

sssimon – Member

glad my evil genius is being appreciated, on saturday i took all the pens from her desk, this morning when she was on tea break i returned them all but mixed up the insides so that he red is blue, blue is black and black is red

and I blunted the pencil

portlyone

sssimon – do you have time to do your job? 😉

therealhoops
    Free Member

always have bombers on standby (turn the ETA on as well)

Taff
    Free Member

In all seriousness have a word with him!

We have a similar type of guy here who is also a good amte out of work but in work can be a total know it all dooshbag. Got into a major arguement with him the other day for sharing my viuews and experiences to which he rubbished everything. Ended up turning into a major arguement and I just I left it that he ‘knew everything and that he always right and that I’m going to shut up now so he can get the last word in’. He was fine after that..

Most argumentative people don’t like being challenged let alone proved wrong.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Got into a major arguement with him the other day for sharing my viuews and experiences to which he rubbished everything

maybe your viuews and experiences are, in fact, totally rubbish and you just need to be told? Why not share on here so we can all have a laugh pass judgement?

Taff
    Free Member

Ha! I would love to be I’m pretty sure I would fall asleep typing about the finer points of cycle storage facilities in a flat

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘thought i was going to be punched’ is closed to new replies.