Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Those who use SDG bel air 2.0 saddles….
  • abdoujaparov
    Free Member

What do you use on your road bikes?

Time to get a new saddle for the road bike, use bel air’s on my MTB’s and they couldn’t be comfier for me but stuck as what to put on the roadie

jimmy

Ummm, sdg Bel air 2.

sparkyrhino

Have a few bel air’s love them, got a bel air 2 horrid over 30 miles been tried on 3 bikes just dont get on with it.

poah
    Free Member

I don’t own a road bike

scotroutes

I use a Bel Air 2 on my Fatbike, Road bikes have a B17 and a Spesh Toupe 143. I’m pretty much saddle agnostic.

LeeW

Fizik Antares. Fits fine.

igm

Fizik Antares Versus

Onzadog
    Free Member

Original bell air on my road bike. Not pretty but it is comfortable.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

Spesh Romin

pictonroad

Ti one on the road and cx.

djflexure

Toupe too

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

25 year old San Marco rolls.

tomhoward

Bontrager. Paradigm rxxxl on the posh one, standard one that came one the trek 1.5

antigee

SDG Bel air 2 Ti rails on my CX stylee gravel/road bike which i really like older Bel air on my hardtail which I hate seems too wide

but saddles are very individual and depends what suits I measured the Bel air carefully to see that it matched a specialized that i bought 2nd hand off here for next to nothing and had literally worn it out

garlic
    Free Member

Bel Air on my MTB and a Specialized Romin Evo on my road bike- looks like an S&M device but it’s really comfy, nicely padded and supportive.

PJay
    Free Member

The ti. railed Bel Air RL is my favourite saddle of all time so the Bel Air 2.0 was a natural upgrade. Sadly the Bel Air 2.0 was horribly uncomfortable (the 30 or so grams it claims to have saved over the original seems to have made a massive difference).

As above thought, saddles are very personal things and what works for one doesn’t necessarily work for another.

newrobdob
    Free Member

I don’t like the new Bel Air either, so I find old knackered mk1 saddles like this….

Take them apart….

Find some nice leather

and make it into this….

The leather is way more durable than the original fabric and you can colour code the colour to your bike!

tthew

When you recover a saddle like that, it looks great obviously, but isn’t all the old padding underneath all compressed and degraded?

newrobdob
    Free Member

Doesn’t seem to be. I’ve recovered 3 of the BelAirs and they’ve been good underneath.

newrobdob
    Free Member

Doesn’t seem to be. I’ve recovered 3 of the BelAirs and they’ve been good underneath.

bruneep

What’s the process of recovering the saddle? Do you need to treat the leather or soften steam it into shape?

accu
    Free Member

PJay – Member

The ti. railed Bel Air RL is my favourite saddle of all time so the Bel Air 2.0 was a natural upgrade. Sadly the Bel Air 2.0 was horribly uncomfortable (the 30 or so grams it claims to have saved over the original seems to have made a massive difference).

made exactly the same experience..
    and bought directly another Bel Air RL with Ti rails
    from wiggles..

newrobdob
    Free Member

Didn’t do anything to the leather but the red one in the pics could probably have done with steaming as the red leather was a bit thicker than I’d normally use and was a bit of a pain to get right.

bruneep

Hmm tempted to give it a go. Any advice/tips to pass on where did you get leather from? do you glue it all over?

steve_b77
    Free Member

Fizik Arione

claudie

Bel air ti on mtb and romin or aliante versus on road

PJay
    Free Member

Just out of interest, I’ve got a couple of old worn out ti. railed Bel Airs with perfectly good rails; I was wondering whether it’s possible to extract the ti. rails and use them to replace the cromo. rails in a standard Bel Air (the Bel Air 2.0 only seems to have replaced the ti. railed original with the cromo. ones still being made).

duir
    Free Member

So that’s the appalling durability/quality of SDG saddles sorted with a bit of old leather. Now to turn our attention to the hideous creaking noise they make.

The original Bel Air, the most comfortable saddle ever, that falls apart and creaks loudly. Pity they never got it quite right.

tommid
    Free Member

I have Bel airs on my MTBs and Ti Fly on my CX bike which feels similar, but gives a more comfortable and accommodating feel on the road than the Bel air

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Those who use SDG bel air 2.0 saddles….’ is closed to new replies.