Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • those rocks that jump up
  • Pook

how does it happen? How on earth can there be enough rotational force to pick up a 2kg rock and throw it a foot into the air ahead of your bike, for you to ride into and have it nearly break your shin?

My foot had pins and needles all night and has been numb today, and I’ve got a lovely lump and bruise from last night’s physics defiance…

Ow.

wordnumb
    Free Member

Angry moles?

Onzadog
    Free Member

Peak District spring loaded rocks? Buggers aren’t they!

federalski
    Free Member

Bike’s like to play tiddlywinks with rocks…

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Front wheel plays tiddlywinks with a rock,. It springs up and out into the path of your back foot or leg as you go 20mph+ past. Like puddles, always gets the back foot or leg.. I have big bump on my shin bone from some weeks ago. Swap leading legs to even things up!

Pook

tiddlywinks never used to hurt this much!

banks
    Free Member

+ swapping leading legs to spread the pain. Used to wear full shin pads but then they’d just **** me in the back on the legs!

matt_outandabout

They dent bikes as well, with some incredible force. Boingy Peak rocks, uber sprung Lakes rock and bdoiiiing Highland ones.

Stoner
    Free Member

thank your lucky stars – my mate just ran over what he thought was a sandwich wrapper in the road in his TVR. It was a piece of concrete.

Bell housing smashed, sump torn, exhaust pole-axed, flywheel holed….

£3,500 insurance hole.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘those rocks that jump up’ is closed to new replies.