Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Those rides when…
  • jamj1974

Sunday. It wasn’t looking like an exceptional day. Went riding around Cannock as its fairly local. Weather was warmer than lately and the ground was a mix of dusty, a little bit muddy and still with a little snow. GoPro footage would have looked very average…

Somehow though it was special being out. Everything we did went right. The passage of our tyres turned the ground beneath them golden. Every little piece of the trail left a smile on our faces and we glided rather than struggled. Flow? We had enough to make another Niagara! It was the kind of day that makes all other days of misery when soaking wet and cold and all the mud wallowing worth it.

Oh, and after over six-months of recovery and post-recovery my brother and regular ride partner of almost 20 years got his mojo back…

It doesn’t often get better than that. Hoping you have all had this type of ride recently and if you haven’t I hope it arrives soon.

J

scotroutes

You’d have had an ever better day riding a 29er

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Saturday morning. Wake up. Hangover.

Bacon bun, and out. The Ridgeway. Blue skies, good friends, beautiful trails.

Back, pub terrace in the sunshine.

Doesn’t get better.

jamj1974

I could have been on my 29’er! I wasn’t, but I could have been…

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

This evening’s ride just “happened”, with speed, without fuss, and with some grace if I may dare. I was loose; the bike was playful, and even the efforts seemed effortless. Happy hour.

jamj1974

Nice one Buzz and CFH!

andyl
    Free Member

I was out on my 29er.

I wish had I been out on my 26er. Would have been more fun. But just as I was about to take it I realised it still needs some new shifter mounts so it’s not going anywhere for a few weeks until I can make some 🙁

andyl
    Free Member

Buzz, was that your bike propped up outside a pub that serves cauliflower cheese on saturday evening?

jamj1974

Now cauliflower cheese would have ruined my day. I hate it!

onehundredthidiot

Had the same last night. Me ‘n’ the dog. Not a single tyre mark in the snow, so no one been up for weeks. Flowing and fast…until……I heard the monsters, then it was flowing fast and frantic. Bloody hate the monsters.
    Even spooked the dog.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Buzz, was that your bike propped up outside a pub that serves cauliflower cheese on saturday evening?

You mean The Hunters?

No I was overseas Sat and Sun and got back yesterday

rocketman
    Free Member

Went riding around Cannock as its fairly local

Most of my rides around Cannock are like that. Luckily I only live a mile or two down the road and I can pick and choose when I go so I’ve gotten into a routine of orsum rides every one’s a winner as they say.

However if you’ve travelled some distance to ride or been off injured and it turns out well I can imagine it must be pretty special.

vinnyeh

Sunday morning, antur stiniog. Halfway down the first run the bike’s feeling really odd, no flat, but sliding around, won’t jump, won’t follow lines. At the bottom, check and the rear wheel’s moving around enough to nearly touch the stays. Make the mistake of going up again in the vain hope it’ll not get worse – couple hundred metres later and the tyres grinding on the stays- broken axle, no chance of a replacement.
    Walk down, drive 200 miles home.

phiiiiil

I was out at Cannock on Sunday too; just a quick pootle after some fettling to make sure it worked before going somewhere further afield.

I’ve lived around here for five years and still managed to find a whole part of the chase I’d never been to before! It was ace. The only thing that could have improved it would have been finding an ice-cream van…

jamj1974

been to before! It was ace. The only thing that could have improved it would have been finding an ice-cream van…

Phiiiiil. There was at Marquis Drive… I have been cycling over there for 20 years and every now and again a new discovery is made. Great when you do!

Vinnyeh. Touch wood never happened to me but I feel your pain dude!

Rocketman. My brother was proper chuffed!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Those rides when…’ is closed to new replies.