Viewing 33 posts - 41 through 73 (of 73 total)
  • Those poncy Audi headlightS with the LED strip….
  • Nick

Can’t you just pop down to the breakers yard like I did for the Pug 406 light (cluster? dunno, the glass bit got broken by a stone), £40 I think it was.

cranberry
    Free Member

A front side light ( note that the bulb will be extra and you need a philips screwdriver and 1.4 minutes of your time ):

Price £2.67 + VAT

soops
    Free Member

For £300 i got an mot, new front brake pads, new 17″ alloys, new gear box oil and my T4 lowered by 55mm. Bargain!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    thegreatape
    Free Member

Whom gives a monkeys jizz???

LHS
    Free Member

A bulb went on my I drive a Vectra last week.

£1.20. For two.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha etc

FTFY

retro83
    Free Member

Gonna be a shocker a few years down the line when these cars are going second hand for a few grand. £780 for a few LEDs! 😯

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I presumed the point being made is that when a bulb goes on some other cars you just replace a bulb yourself @ £1.50 from Halfords, not the whole unit having to be replaced by a garage/dealer @ £700-£1200.

But it isn’t clear WHY the OP needed the light – it may have been smashed like mine, not simply a bulb that had gone…

hora
    Free Member

Look on the brightside you wont see as many ‘older’ Audi’s on the road like we do now.

Those strips are ridiculous things. They are too ‘fashion’ for me.

Aircon Compressor has just gone on my bro in law’s 09 Golf TDI. Its warranted but apprently if it wasn’t it’d be circa £800.

Previously hes had a fault with the DPF (he does over average mileage on motoroways but declined my offer to take it out and boot it).

Harry_the_Spider

A bulb went on my I drive a Vectra last week.

£1.20. For two.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha etc

FTFY

Whatever. Both cars had the same fault and one was the price of a bag of crisps to fix, the other would have cost me 2 months grocery shopping.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

The thing about those lights is the dazzle. If everyone drove round with their fog lights on, people would be up in arms, especially on here! But fog lights have a very short dipped beam and don’t dazzle….. Unlike these undipped LED things.

I drive a 4 x 4 and sometimes have my fogs on as sidelights. They don’t dazzle anyone. Don’t let that cloud your judgement though, I’m feeling left out and want to be hated more than Audi drivers.

hora
    Free Member

Why not just have your sidelights on?

DezB
    Free Member

They only dazzle if you stare at them in green-eyed envy 😉

hora – they get you seen better than side lights, sometimes when you don’t need headlights to actually see the road with. I use them with headlights too sometimes as they make good driving lights illuminating the road directly in front of you in less than perfect conditions. Anyone who claims they are dazzling is talking out of their arse for the sake of moaning

Drac

Mine is coming with LED lights, I love them.

Right must ring up an order it.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

The thing about those lights is the dazzle. If everyone drove round with their fog lights on, people would be up in arms, especially on here! But fog lights have a very short dipped beam and don’t dazzle….. Unlike these undipped LED things.

I don’t think they dazzle at all. Are you not getting confused with xenon lights that dazzle like buggery?

tops5
    Free Member

I can’t take it anymore! Gonna have to sell mine and get a Skoda, what’s the other one allowed on STW? Berlingo?

wwaswas

Anyone who claims they are dazzling is talking out of their arse for the sake of moaning

Well, it’s your money (I’d imagine other forces also operate periodic checks/fines)

Officers based at Fletchamstead Highway police station say that the blinding lights are being misused, and it is proving dangerous to other drivers.

A £30 fine will be imposed on drivers who break the law by going around with their fog lights on.

Acting Sergeant Nigel Fairburn said:

“We have been receiving complaints from members of the public who have been dazzled by motorists using their front fog lights when there is absolutely no need.

“The legislation states they are only to be used in conditions where visibility is serious impaired – generally when you cannot see for more than 100 metres (328 feet).

“We will be issuing fixed penalty fines of £30 to drivers who leave their front fog lights on despite the clear conditions.

“We believe that some motorists, especially young ones, are confused about their front fog lights and their use.

“Basically, if the lights are on a separate switch with a warning light on the dashboard, these are fog lights, and should only be used in extreme conditions.

“If they come on when you flick on the main beam switch then they are driving lights not fog lights and will disappear when the lights are dipped or switched off.

hora
    Free Member

Yesterday morning there was what seemed to be a ball of intense light atthe traffic lights ahead. I knew what it was but **** it left a dancing spot of light in my vision.

Bright DRL on a new motorbike- ****, did I see him/her? Yes but there is a real risk of having an accident.

Spud

I was spoken to by two police officers after following them for a couple of miles and asked if I had my fog lights on. I said no, was asked am I sure (in that John Prescott condescending laughing way) and told him they were daylight running lights and my car doesn’t have fog lights. Which it doesn’t, it’s just that Merc put theirs where fogs would/ should be. I get flashed regularly by oncoming drivers to say I have fogs on too. I imagine with xenon lights and the LEDs it’s quite bright.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I don’t think they dazzle at all. Are you not getting confused with xenon lights that dazzle like buggery?

No. Not confused at all. There’s no getting away from the fact that they are brighter than fog lights. Just take a look.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

“The legislation states they are only to be used in conditions where visibility is serious impaired – generally when you cannot see for more than 100 metres (328 feet).

“We will be issuing fixed penalty fines of £30 to drivers who leave their front fog lights on despite the clear conditions

about time – except make the fine more.

hora
    Free Member

spud I was given a new C class merc once as a courtesy car and I was really embarrased that the key fob lights up said lights. I even asked the service desk if they could be disconnected as I didn’t want other drivers thinking I was clueless.

Spud

You can turn them off via the menus, buried though.

DezB
    Free Member

wwaswas quoting an article about fog lights.
    Those Audi LEDs aren’t fog lights.

Whats the point of that then?

wwaswas

wwaswas quoting an article about fog lights.
    Those Audi LEDs aren’t fog lights.

this;

TheArtistFormerlyKnownAsSTR – Member

I drive a 4 x 4 and sometimes have my fogs on as sidelights. They don’t dazzle anyone. Don’t let that cloud your judgement though, I’m feeling left out and want to be hated more than Audi drivers.

bigyinn
    Free Member

MMMmmm RS6 hubba hubba.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

No. Not confused at all. There’s no getting away from the fact that they are brighter than fog lights. Just take a look.

They are bright but they don’t dazzle. At least I have never thought they do.

dave360

As a result of European legislation adopted in 2008 dedicated daytime running lights (DRL) have been required on all new types of passenger cars and small delivery vans since February 2011. Trucks and buses will follow from August 2012.

I hear they are going to use the same method when Brussels compels us to drive on the right.

DezB
    Free Member

MMMmmm RS6 hubba hubba.

Agreed 🙂

this;
    Troll, surely/hopefully.

rusty90
    Free Member

I hear they are going to use the same method when Brussels compels us to drive on the right.

You mean new cars will have to drive on the right, but old ones can continue to drive on the left ?
    Wouldn’t put it past them 😀

leggyblonde
    Free Member

the low volume car in question has 40 valves, two turbos, it does less than 20mpg and has tyres that cost £500 each with possibly ceramic discs that cost more than a blinged up santa cruz V10. Of course it costs a lot to run!
    Good trolling 😀

chakaping
    Free Member

At last, a tax on ****.

Viewing 33 posts - 41 through 73 (of 73 total)

The topic ‘Those poncy Audi headlightS with the LED strip….’ is closed to new replies.