Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Those On-One lids in the sale, anygood?
  • granny_ring

For 20 notes worth a punt? Anyone got either, good or bad points?
    Ta.

MartynS

I couldn’t find one at £20… They were all £40.

MartynS

Ignore me… Found them at £20!

jimster01

Anyone got either, good or bad points?

Colour scheme 😯

bentiggerwyles
    Free Member

The white and orange one looks very similar to a fox flux!

theotherjonv

Very pleased with my Planet-X road lid, so if they’re the same maker – very good quality / construction.

fooman

What’s the wing on the back for though, downforce?

granny_ring

Colour scheme

Well yes that is a bit marmite on the xc lid I guess 🙂

cokie

Knargduro flap to help shred..

slimjim78
    Free Member

Do the large ones come up large? A have a huge noggin and the large Flux is just about the only kid I can find that fits. If these size up similarly it may be worth taking a punt

sv

Liked the last version but they didn’t have replacement pads so was binned.

sv

Yes the large fits my odd noggin well, now have a xl Bell Stoker (similar fitting).

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

The extra protection around the back of the head looks interesting, given the state of my old Met Testagrossa after my Xmas 2013 RTA, which was replaced with a Bell model.

But like some other posters, my large elliptical head can make finding good fitting helmets problematic.

granny_ring

I think if the xc helmet was the same colour as the enduro one I’d take a punt. Think me nut would overheat in the enduro one with the less vents.

kimbers

hmmm could do with a new lid

confused as the Flux is 100g heavier than the claimed weight for the O-O XC one

extra confused as the fox flux is an ‘enduro’ helmet

pickle
    Free Member

They look great for the money, shame I’ve only just bought a new Helmet else I’d be all over one of these.

Skankin_giant
    Free Member

I just bought one for SWMBO, seemed great for the price!
    If I didn’t buy a better than half price POC Trabec Race last month I would be buying the Endruo, great looking helmets.

Cheers, Steve

kimbers

Well I ordered the Xc one, hopefully it’ll fit

andyl
    Free Member

air brake for when you are going backwards like those flaps on nascars

marc
    Free Member

Are they still on at £20??

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Nope.

granny_ring

Yeah I gave it a miss in the end lol.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

one_happy_hippy – Member

Nope.

It’s On One, don’t worry there’s another sale’s on the way.
    Just wait and they will be back to £20 soon.

bubs

My enduro style one arrived today. It doesn’t fit narrow heads, very mushroom like. Shame, as I actually quite like the look of it and the insect mesh would have been useful.

kimbers

What size bubs ? May be interested

Skankin_giant
    Free Member

XC one arrived today, nice looking helmet, seems very light to me, reminds me a bit of my old (2010ish) 661 Recon but lighter.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/GjKQzJ]IMG_20160421_144904[/url] by Stephen Williams, on Flickr

I’m not keen on the padding, I don’t like the feel.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/FxspxA]IMG_20160421_144919[/url] by Stephen Williams, on Flickr

A chin cushion? which I doesn’t seem to fit under the chin….

[url=https://flic.kr/p/GqBLXC]IMG_20160421_144934[/url] by Stephen Williams, on Flickr

adjuster works well but not sure how well it will hold up.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/Fxsnbw]IMG_20160421_145041[/url] by Stephen Williams, on Flickr

God knows about the wing or how long it will last, I have the feeling it will break off in storage…

[url=https://flic.kr/p/GsV2W8]IMG_20160421_144947[/url] by Stephen Williams, on Flickr

I don’t know about the AM one but I am quite glad I didn’t get one for myself as it just didn’t feel right on my head or in my hands, this is the smaller one so on the limit for my swede size. It’s ok for a £20 helmet but I wouldn’t have paid the full price for one.

Cheers, Steve

granny_ring

Good write up cheers.

bubs

@kimbers – sorry but my wife has nabbed it for her shopper 8)

dufusdip
    Free Member

The Enduro one arrived today.

Quite a big shell, but I’ve got a small noggin so doesn’t take much. Fits well with the adjuster and as good as the Catlike i was using. More coverage on the back of the head but might be the wrong time of year as it doesn’t seem quite as well vented.

Out the box the chin strap is in the wrong place so takes a bit of fiddling to get it less stangulating. But at the same time, it is a light, good coverage lid for £20 and can’t really argue with that. Might have been a £35 to £40 lid but as previously mentioned I would not have paid, and doubt it worth, £50 MRP.

sq225917
    Free Member

The quoted weights on the site are actual weights, tolerance was within a few % for those I measured.

wukfit
    Free Member

The large XC I ordered has just arrived, and doesn’t fit (my head must be massive front to back)
    It’s a shame as it’s nice and light and looks well vented
    Anybody interested before I send it back?

Pyro

My small XC’s arrived. Seems to fit well – I’m one of these people who’s bonce seems to be right inbetween helmet sizes, which usually means I’m either the pinhead in a small or the mushroomhead in a large. Tweaked the pads a little but only had a brief try-on in the office so far (looked too much of a divvy wearing a helmet at my desk so took it off). Not had the strap issues a couple of people have mentioned, but everything seems well built and easily adjustable, so for £20 I’m pretty happy with it.

kimbers

My large ? 58-62 xc one is too small, anyone interested ?

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Those On-One lids in the sale, anygood?’ is closed to new replies.