Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)
  • Those "…. on board" things.
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

You know the ones.

Princess on board
    I doubt it, you KFC munching, Halfords modified-Astra driving muppets

Tiny person on board
    No, it's a child, or a baby if you will.

Cheeky monkey on board
    Unless you work at Whipsnade, I rather doubt it.

I hate them. With a passion. So, imagine my glee when I saw this!

😆

ton

piles playing up today old cocker….. ❓

druidh
    Free Member

I always liked…"Live human veal cargo on board"

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

I'd like
    "Banned and Uninsured Driver On Board"

Houns

I just see them and think "****t"

clubber
    Free Member

God I hate them too. It's like The idiot driver thinks I'm somehow actually going to try harder not to crash into them.

Don't have one for my car and mini-clubber

surfer
    Free Member

Seeing a few of those "powered by fairy dust" stickers on the chavs car around here.
    Are they supposed to be cute?
    Usually accompanied by fluffy pink dice and pink steering wheel covers!

Chavtastic!

druidh
    Free Member

surfer – Member

Seeing a few of those "powered by fairy dust" stickers on the chavs car around here.

Where can I buy one?

rOcKeTdOg

Dizzy's was the best
    "DIZZY" in 10" high pink letters on both doors

fubar
    Free Member

perhaps…although I'd like to think the truth is hen-packed husband onboard (the wife made me do it and I wasn't saying no to her when she had just gone through the labour stuff)

Pieface

Isn't it alsi to say 'Beware, I may drive erratically across half a lane whilst rying to stop my toddler throwing food at me'?

aracer
    Free Member

Don't they all mean "bloke with fully functioning sperm on board"?

Harry_the_Spider

The wosrt is "Show dogs in transit"

SFW?

ps44
    Free Member

"I slow down for horses (but don't give a FF if you're on a bike)"

Hairychested
    Free Member

Often, if your car is without such a sticker the morons at my local-ish Tesco won't let you park in the "parent and child" bay despite the kiddie seat.
    BTW Should it not say – parent on board?

grumm
    Free Member

Is that what you tell people when you sell them to them? 😉

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_238169_langId_-1_categoryId_165597

AndyP
    Free Member

Tiny person on board
    No, it's a child, or a baby if you will.

I always thought that one was for people shipping midgets around?

Princess on board
    well you may mock, but if princess lady di had one of those on the back of her merc, that white Uno might not have had a pop after all…;)

ourmaninthenorth

Didn't they originate as a means of assisting fire crews et al think to look for a child when cutting people out of wrecked cars?

In spite of that, they do look tw*ttish, and people ought to spend a little less time on these and more time not crashing into each other.

Though, I have always considered getting one of the "Tiny person on board" for Mrs North who's a gigantic 4'10" and not visible from behind when she's driving…. 😀

coffeeking
    Free Member

Hate them too. Quite like the darwin fish though…

snowslave

I see these signs and adjust my driving style accordingly. Where no signs are displayed, I feel at liberty to ram the car off the road. This possibly explains why cyclists get such a rough time.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Must admit that when I see a baby seat in the back seats I do tend to back off further than normal.

aracer
    Free Member

So you drive too close normally?

toby1

My personal favourite is seeing them in the window of a Golf/Focus/Mondeo hanging 3 inches off the ar$e of the car in front at 85.

You don't give a **** about keeping the 'little person' alive so why the hell should we!

Hadn't considered the fire service use though, that actually makes some sense.

samuri
    Free Member

I pulled up at some lights the other day behind a car with a baby on board sticker in the back window. A lad in a souped up Corsa or some such came screaming down the hill and then pulled up really quickly behind me and the car (he ignored me on a bike obviously and just pulled alongside me). Then he saw another **** that he knew so he leaned on the horn a bit.

The woman in the back of the car got out, marched round to the back of the car and started having a go at him.
    /broad lancastrian accent
    "What you playing at? eh? eh? Baby on board"
    /taps window where the sign is
    "Baby on board, baby on board"

So that's what they're for.

coffeeking
    Free Member

So you drive too close normally?

No, I drive with just enough space to stop normally (proven quite a few ass-clenching times!). Enough space that I've been hit from behind twice while stopping for someone in front, both times having been rammed into the person in front by the tailgater behind. But when I see a kiddie on board I tend to double-check my distance more often and hang back further again just to be doubly sure. It's a strange response, I know.

thomthumb
    Free Member

both times having been rammed into the person in front by the tailgater behind

too close then?

hugorune

I was advised in a work driver training thingy that the emergency services will always look for a "baby on board" sign and prioritise them in a multi-car accident. They look naff but if it can get my kids out the car faster than the 17 year old ned who caused the accident then I'm prepared to put up with it. – I've got "little princess on board" because they are most of the time 🙂

coffeeking
    Free Member

too close then?

Yes, thats right, i'm supposed to predict what the person behind is going to do and compensate for them possibly shoving me 2m forward too…. get real.

In actual fact on my second instance of this I saw the person behind had locked up and stretched out my stopping to the very last second (only left a metre before the car in front) to give the guy behind time to recover/stop/dodge but he never did. It's not my fault that he's too close to me and I'm going to do everything I can to prevent him hitting me. Once I've come to a halt there's sod all I can do about his impact.

tankslapper
    Free Member

cuckoo
    Free Member

I always thought these signs meant

"you should modify your behaviour towards me and allow me greater access to space because i am special because i have a baby in the car. If you could also see fit to give way and allow me priority access to the earth's resources that would be greatly appreciated".

To be fair the signs do work on me though. I usually tend to think "oh look this ****'s covered their back windscreen with stickers, they probably haven't seen me in their mirror so i'd better allow them even more space"

clubber
    Free Member

Hadn't considered the fire service use though, that actually makes some sense.

the fire service hate them by all accounts – often there isn't a 'little princess' in the back and the fire service waste time/risk their lives by looking for them…

coffeeking
    Free Member

You technically shouldnt have to take any notice of the driver behind you's stopping distance if everyone is driving properly – it is their job to keep a safe distance. Yours is simply to ensure that you check where they are when you go for a lane change. It always seemed odd to me that, in the driving test, you're taught to look in the mirror before braking – you have no choice, you either stop for the lights or you do not. If you choose to stop for the lights and the person behind cannot stop, it is their fault. If you choose to go through the lights and get flashed by a signal cam, someone being close behind is not a legal defence.

tankslapper
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

tankslapper, that's genius!

cuckoo
    Free Member

If someone is tailgating i try to increase the distance between myself and the car in front in order that i do not have to apply any harsh braking.

Stoner
    Free Member

what cuckoo said.

CK – you really ought to drive in a way that mitigates the effect of a cretin going too fast/too close behind you – if not for their benefit, nor the guy in front, but yours.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

in the driving test, you're taught to look in the mirror before braking

Are you? I don't remember being told to look in the mirror for braking, especially not an emergency stop. I was simply told to regularly monitor the rear view and wing mirrors (and occasionally have a look out the windscreen, while rolling a fag, drinking coffee and texting :lol:)

tankslapper
    Free Member

Deadly

Come on now, you never did a driving test….

chakaping
    Free Member

Princess on board
    well you may mock, but if princess lady di had one of those on the back of her merc, that white Uno might not have had a pop after all…;)

Haha, you've singlehandedly reprieved this thread Andyp.

Do they make ones that say "Snob on board"?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Come on now, you never did a driving test….

Didn't need to mate, we had piebalds in the garden. Only learned to drive when I couldn't get my hands on one here.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Those "…. on board" things.’ is closed to new replies.