Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Those Oakleys Froome &co are wearing
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Jawbreakers, are they? Anyone got some? What’re they like? They look sweaty and prone to misting up at mortal speeds?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

He’s been in Jawbone and Radar EV in LV so far. Which ones?

Latter are ‘frameless’ and a little less prone to steaming up.

warton
    Free Member

I have both. struggled to get on with the EV, they don’t handle sweat very well. Jawbones are spot on, they only mist up when I stop.

Tracey

I bought some Jawbreakers with the Prizm trail lens in Aosta this year and not had a problem with misting up or been sweaty. Had a bit of an off in Verbier and they did help save the top part of my face but I now need to organise another lens.

These are a steal that the price

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/oakley-jawbreaker-matte-black-prizm-road-sunglasses/

oikeith

I was looking at Jawbreakers but didnt fancy the price tag, ended up with some foakleys which look the same and even took an OG oakley clear lense! I now have a pair for the road bike and the MTB!

nemesis
    Free Member

FWIW, I was a big advocate of Fakelys until I saw what they did to someone’s face (not a child! 😉 ) when they crashed – the frame broke with very sharp edges and made a mess – given they’re near your eyes, not something I wanted to risk.

Tracey

My frame is intact with a couple of marks, the lens although very scatched didnt smash.

reformedfatty
    Free Member

Really?

one of these cuts was caused during a crash wearing genuine oakleys, one during a crash wearing fakes..

Evidence suggests there is a strong correlation between landing on your face and sustaining facial injuries.

tpbiker
    Free Member

Chain reaction have loads of jawbreakers for around 100 quid. Very tempting. Can never work out which lenses to get though.. Sapphire iridium looks awesome, but no idea what conditions to use them in.

I loved my fakely eye jackets, although had proper lenses in them. Fell off my helmet mid ride and no longer available from the usual suspects .

DT78
    Free Member

have radar xls and jawbreakers. both fine for road, jawbreakers steam up when on the mtb

weeksy

I ride and drive/day-to-day in Oakley Fuel Cell, i don’t see any real reason why i need cycling Oakleys, they’re just sunglasses.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Christ, those glasses made that bottom fella an ugly bugger!

mooman
    Free Member

Froome mostly wears the Oakley Radar ev`s.

They are very much similar size to the Jawbreakers, without the crazy frog type goggles look.
    Never had a problem with misting up with them.

Garry_Lager

What were his old ones called that he wore when he was first at sky? Suited him best IMHO – sort of an alien insectoid look.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

What were his old ones called that he wore when he was first at sky? Suited him best IMHO – sort of an alien insectoid look.

Racing Jacket.

benp1

Thanks to this thread I’ve just bought some clear lens for my Flak 2.0 frames (have 2, one with road prizms and the other with trails)

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Are you seriously suggest as ting that Oakley provide protection from landing on your face?

Seems like the thinnest of straw men right there.

mooman
    Free Member

If I remember correctly – the fella in bottom picture was warning people about wearing fake Oakleys. He was in a crit race or something, and crashed … his face got ripped in the aftermath of falling off at 30mph+ in a tangle of other bikes and bodies onto tarmac … he suggested the fake Oakleys contributed significantly towards the ripped face.

Some people eh!

nemesis
    Free Member

I’ve crashed on my face a few times.. Oakleys have never broken or cut my face. I’ve since taken some of my Fakleys and broken them on purpose and they do leave some very sharp edges. For me that’s a risk I don’t want to take but I’ve no problem if you do 🙂

mooman
    Free Member

That explains things …

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Those Oakleys Froome &co are wearing’ is closed to new replies.