Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Those Mucky Nutz rear mudguards ….
  • robarnold
    Free Member

29er versions available before end of Jan according to their FB feed

Got the front one and the saddle mounted one – got back to the pub on Thursday with a face full of crap and a wet arse.

Not impressed, but they will probably break soon, so back to other options!

switchbacktrog
    Free Member

I brought a mudhugger however it wasnt until I went to fit it that I noticed my rear mech cable runs downs the top of the seat stay

Its now on my son’s bike where it appears to work well.

Should be OK…………..[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pd71vtHuyx8[/video]

fozzybear
    Free Member

I’ve broken 3 of these things.
    utterly useless.
    i’ve even “tested” their uprated version which they are due to release soon.
    still shite!

I have a mudhugger now.
    Granted it’s not the most sexy looking peice of kit but i don’t care and i don’t look like i’ve had managed to crap up my back and beyond.
    He is a local guy to me and was really nice when we met him.

BadlyWiredDog

I’m part way through modding the broken MN Rear Fender to sit on the butchered mount from an old Crud Catcher rear. Plan is to fit it below the seatpost QR on my hardtail so I can still drop the seatpost.

I’m not sure it’s an elegant solution, but it looks like it should work. I think and be considerably more robust than the original fitting.

swanny853

For what it’s worth, I’ve had the rear seatpost mounted one and other than having to do it up really tight to stop it spinning it’s been about what I expected- not as good as a proper guard but significantly better than nothing. I prefer a proper guard, but the mn one fits a lot better with the reverb. Not long enough to be useful on a 29 though.

I was fairly impressed it survived acting as the intermediary in an arse/tyre interface completely unscathed though. I did have a couple of thoughts about improving the clamp area, whether they ever get done is a different question.

leo72
    Free Member

We have been riding with Mudhuggers now for a month. Stays in place, even when the trails are rough. Like here:

[video]http://vimeo.com/83376218[/video]

/Leo

zippykona

We have been riding with Mudhuggers now for a month. Stays in place, even when the trails are rough. Like here:

That’s not what I would call muddy !
    Would be nice to see pictures of the rider’s backs to see how filthy they got. Not knocking as I will probably buy one soon.

fozzybear
    Free Member

Leo.
    Nice video.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Those Mucky Nutz rear mudguards ….’ is closed to new replies.