Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • those metal mudguards………?
  • ton

that all the kinesis riders are stroking themselves over, what is the largest width available, and are they available for 26” too?

or what is a very good quality wide mudguard in 26” and 29”

Gary_M
    Free Member

The PDW full metal fenders city version have a max tyre capacity of 35mm. They’re not available in 26″ though.

ton

cheers…….that is a no then. 😀

kimi
    Free Member

have a look at Honjos from Compass cycles. mine are brilliant.

trail_rat
    Free Member

at 65 quid and still have the normal failure points of a plastic guard (rivets are what go for me)

ill stick to 21quid SKS bluemels and just rerivit them with new rivets every 3/4 years.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Sks always cracked and never had an issue with rivets going. PDW can be had for under £40

therevokid
    Free Member

never, ever had sks (chromo or bluemel) crack. .. yes the rivets go
    now and then, but never the guard itself.
    you got me all paranoid now … 😉

thomthumb
    Free Member

steel guards available in 26 x 65 mm for dutch bikes. likely to be heavy quality, rather than lightweight quality if that makes any sense. not seen any so hard to say…

http://www.dutchbikebits.com/steel-mudguards

kimi
    Free Member

no rivets on the Honjos but they’re expensive and fitting them can be difficult. Velo Orange do a cheaper but similar version (not quite as nice) mine are 650b and 62mm wide but they’re available in 700c and 26″ versions in various widths.

STATO
    Free Member

Not had any short (non-longboard) SKS snap but blown rivets out a few times in the mud. For metal (Alu) the Velo-Orange are good. Available many places on web, got mine here.

seadog101

Just fitted 26″ x 53mm SKS Blumels to daughterSD’s Uni bike. Easy fit, top quality item.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/sks-blumels-mudguards-set/rp-prod82987

17 quid.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘those metal mudguards………?’ is closed to new replies.