Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Those little 'mouse' sanders… Waste of time?
  • dogthomson

We have just bought a new house and have a few areas that are a bit rough around the edges.

I’m thinking of getting one of those little ‘mouse’ electric sanders to save time over using sandpaper. Are they worth the outlay though? Or is it a bit of a false economy? Anyone got any experience? If so can anyone recommend a particular make or model?

lukedwr
    Free Member

Black & Decker. Dust bag is waste of time. Spare sandpaper off the web.

And half price here..

link

spacemonkey

I bought one of the B&D ones this summer and it’s been great. Twenty something quid plus a load of extra sheets from a different manufacturer.

Plenty of power and control. Easy to handle. I have a big German sander for the heavy stuff and the B&D is perfect for everything else.

woody74

Got a b&d one this summer and found it to be excellent. Wish I got one years ago. Saves a ton of time when decorating woodwork.

i_like_food

Got a Bosch one, is brilliant. As others have said get replacement sandpaper from the web (or fashion your own from sticky velcro stuff from ebay and sandpaper cut to size). Heaps of dust though, so wear a mask or clog your lungs/nose/eyes!

trail_rat
    Free Member

What exactly are you sanding ?

I have a bosch detail sander and i bought i to use on the windows to rub down before preserving. Great for that job.

Gettinga smooth flat surface on a big area – waste of time. – manual pole sander or even an old fashioned block of wood wrapped in sandpaper.

As for the dust bag- the dustbag on any sander is a waste of time. The dust has to be sucked in from the surface. If its not connected to a shop vac its not going to work and dust wil get everywhere,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Those little 'mouse' sanders… Waste of time?’ is closed to new replies.