Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Those impulse purchases
  • rockstar101
    Free Member

Following on from my whats it worth post, how many other people dive head long into the latest idea without thinking it through?

My latest was a result of watching too many videos and looking at too many build threads of dirt jump bikes on pinkbike. This triggered some childhood/teenage memory’s from some of my best years riding with mates. So. Obviously the right thing to do was to build a bike that I would have sawn my arm of to have when I was 14. But im not 14. None of my mates ride Dirt jumps anymore… and quite honestly, neither will I! Problem is, I only really thought of this when it was too late and I had spent to much, I was committed to finish it. This wasnt even one of those ‘i have to have it moments’, I spent weeks planning and then further weeks buying the stuff in component form because it was easier to get it through the door than a whole new bike. Easier to seek forgiveness than permission? But thats another story. So it was a well thought out, calculated impulse with so many opportunity’s to realise it was a daft idea.

Anyway it looks bloody awesome! But I know I will never ride it. Oh, and the latest impulse is to give BMX racing a bash but my marriage will not survive another bike appearing if I dont get rid of one. As hard as I try, she just doesnt understand N+1.

So who else gets themselves in these stupid situations?

cloudnine
    Free Member

No photos?
    Post the xrays up once youve given it a go down at the local DJ spot…

Northwind

Onza Bird in the garage. Had a lovely time fixing it up, can’t ride it in the slightest 😆 I should sell it, but apparently it’s mandatory for me to have one damn fool bike in the garage, I got this one about 2 weeks after selling my BMX that I never rode.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    preciousmetals
    Free Member

Yup! A Ti road bike – never again ! MTBs for life !

wwaswas

I have an Ibis Mojo SLR frame hanging in the garage I don’t know what to do with.

chakaping
    Free Member

I’ve been *this* close to buying an XC race bike, to do a few XC races and get fitter on.

Fortunately I got a very big bill today.

More of a been pondering for a while, but impulsively hit the button after a couple of beers, when my current bike had another hissy fit

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Those impulse purchases’ is closed to new replies.