Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Those Germans know how to organise a works do
  • wrecker
    Free Member

http://www.ergo.com/en/Karriere
    Unfortunately not my area of expertise.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

From wrecker’s link

Come visit us at our booth. There you will learn more about our various entry-level opportunities (direct entry,

Is there a back door entry i wonder?

wrecker
    Free Member

There’s always one isn’t there BigButSlimmerBloke?

There were about 100 guests and 20 prostitutes were hired.

Crikey and I think I’m overworked.

brakes
    Free Member

That’s disgusting, I wouldn’t stand for that if I worked there.
    I mean, why should Top Management get the best quality tarts?

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

There’s always one isn’t there BigButSlimmerBloke?

I wish I had the decency to be ashamed of myself

hels
    Free Member

They don’t even sound embarrassed about it. Reminds me of back in the old days at my work, where legend tells they bought around a tea trolley at 10.00, and only those of a certain grade got a biscuit. But taken to a whole new pervy level.

And what if one of the top managers was a woman ? (ha ha ha ha ha etc)

IanMunro
    Free Member

The biscuit thing reminds me of when my Dad worked in de Havilland, which had a very fixed management structure to the extent that senior managers had fully carpeted offices whereas middle managers were only allowed a rug. This was enforced so rigidly that when due to restructuring a middle manager was moved into a senior managers office, the portering staff had to come round with a pair of scissors and cut a foot off the edge of the carpet to convert it to a rug.

hels
    Free Member

I guess it saved them going on week long courses about “building personal authority” – you just had a fitted carpet or you didn’t.

Probably an easier way in the long run.

hels
    Free Member

P.S Germany, the only country where the chap behind the counter in a shop asked my male partner to sign my credit card, as clearly I couldn’t sign it myself.

IanMunro
    Free Member

I’m impressed you managed to find somewhere that took a credit card in the first place!

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

I’m reminded of the time some colleagues from Iraq visited us when I was working for an American firm. We were lectured at length about appropriate behaviour and cultural sensitivity.

They arrived, took us to dinner then promptly embarked upon the mother of all piss-ups before heading to Spearmint Rhino.

aracer
    Free Member

P.S Germany, the only country where the chap behind the counter in a shop asked my male partner to sign my credit card, as clearly I couldn’t sign it myself.

Women – know your place

thegreatape
    Free Member
    joao3v16
    Free Member

I’m massively relieved my employer would never arrange anything like an orgy at a spa. I really don’t need to see all my work colleagues almost naked thankyouverymuch.

sadmadalan

I work for a large US company on an account for a large Finnish company. At the summer party this year there was an outdoor sauna. I still have nightmares about the senior Finnish management of the account walking to the sauna barely covered in towels and the walk back not bothering with towels!!

alpin
    Free Member

i can sadly say that my works do wasn’t anything like that. just a trip to an Augustiner beer hall for us mere mortals…. 🙁

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Those Germans know how to organise a works do’ is closed to new replies.