• This topic has 18 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • those fortnightly mags where you build a model,anyone ever finished one?
  • racefaceec90

was just wondering if anyone has ever had the time/money to buy all the magazines/built the model?

in 8000 issues,you too could have a 1/100 scale model of the titanic 😉

winston_dog
    Free Member

You have to be mental this is over £800 to complete!

righog
    Free Member

No…But it’s a bloody great question, I would love to know as well 😀

sugdenr
    Free Member
    andrewh
    Free Member

Bugger, beaten to it by Sugdenr!

tomhoward

My dad and I built a tornado gr7 about 15 years ago, think it took about 6 months, shudder to think of the cost!

takisawa2

Father in law built an Imprezza. Buying a real one would have been cheaper.

choppersquad
    Free Member

This is the kind of question forums were made for.
    I bet there’s hardly anyone who’s ever completed one though.
    A bloke at work started building a ship of some description and spent about a month drilling hundreds of tiny portholes.
    He gave up shortly after that.

angeldust
    Free Member

Do they continue to produce a monthly magazine with each part? If so, how have they got anything to write about the titanic or whatever by issue 100?

br
    Free Member

Imagine if you couldn’t get hold of the last edition…

martymac

i actually tried to do the impreza one, but after 5 newsagents refused to order the magazine in for me, i gave up and bought a kit instead.
    for less than a quarter of the price.

northernmatt

Father in law completed the one years back where you made a remote control BTCC Astra Coupe. I haven’t asked him how much it cost but he’s never ever actually had it going which is just mental.

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

When she was young my daughter was mad about dinosaurs and there was a dinosaur magazine that came with a bone part of a model every issue

We bought every copy and subsequently finished the model, don’t think it was crazy expensive though and probably ran to about thirty or forty magazines

bencooper
    Free Member

Imagine if you couldn’t get hold of the last edition…

Apparently, if the number of purchasers drops below a certain level, they just don’t print any more issues.

jordie
    Free Member

My sister is in the middle of collecting “the Art of Crochet” I am sure thats over a year now. Also I think there has been various newsagents as the keep mucking up the ordering. When this happens getting back issues is really difficult. All this for a ball of wool and a magazine 🙂

choppersquad
    Free Member

Does she get to knit a crochet model of the Titanic?

jordie
    Free Member

Lol… no handy things like :-
    A tea cosy
    A bag
    A blanket
    And so on.

Mikeypies
    Free Member

There was a bit on tv or Radio4 ages ago which stated that they try the publication in an area and as said above if it fails to sell they drop it . The good news is that if they do so you can claim the cost of the mags back from the publisher

Drac

Aren’t they notorious for stopping them before they’re reach completion as well as paying £1k for an air fix kit.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘those fortnightly mags where you build a model,anyone ever finished one?’ is closed to new replies.