Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Those folk who have cut out alcohol
  • Mister-P
    Free Member

When do you actually start to feel any healthier? After 4 weeks of not drinking I was expecting to feel a little more lively and at least be able to get out of bed in the mornings feeling a little more sprightly. But nope, no difference at all. Was I expecting too much?

Conor
    Free Member

How much were you drinking before you stopped? Did you have a problem?

Everything in moderation 🙂

warton
    Free Member

depends on how much you were drinking before. i find i sleep much better than before, and love the feeling of waking up on a sunday morning refreshed and ready to ride, instead of groggy and miserable

mysterymurdoch
    Free Member

Combine it with eating better – eat as much fruit and veg as you can cram in and drink lots of water. You’ll feel better but you don’t realise it because it’s gradual.

You certainly won’t wake up with a furry tongue and feeling putrid again for a while!

Bimbler
    Free Member

Never happened to me during the times I’ve been off the booze. I think if you’re a moderate drinker cutting out the booze altogether makes no difference whatsoever to feelings of sprightliness.

Jamie
    Free Member

On a slightly different note i was the same when i gave up smoking , 2 1/2 years now, i really didn’t notice any major health benefit over the first couple of months.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I have gone without booze for a few days at a time occaisionally and never noticed any benefit. I still woke up feeling sh1t and groggy. I did a month once and still no obviouis benefit other than saving a few hundred quid

jedi

i gave up booze again on 29th december as of this morning i have lost 13lb 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Those folk who have cut out alcohol’ is closed to new replies.