Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Those fold up garden hoses….
  • zippykona

Any good ? Is the X hose worth twice the price of a generic one, do normal accessories fit or do I need new connectors and gun as well?

thebrowndog
    Free Member

Mine was brilliant for the two weeks I had it. Only issue was using it with a sprinkler, as you have to open the valve at the sprinkler end once the hose has filled with water and expanded.

Then it snagged on the edge of the steps and went bang and that was the end of it. The outer skin is pretty flimsy. I called to see if they would replace it but they wouldn’t as the instructions do state quite clearly that it is made of cling film and will explode at the merest hint of rough handling.

I didnt get the chance to use regular hose connectors on it, but the x-hose ones fit a normal hose so imagine they do.

spooky_b329

IS this the stretchy one? I was thinking of one to replace the spiral job but as that is a smaller hose it restricts the flow too much, and I wonder if the stretchy one will have the same problem.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Drac

Had one delivered earlier in the week on a groupon deal for about £15, seems Ok but not used in anger yet.

njee20
    Free Member

What’s the point? Serious question.

busydog
    Free Member

Neighbor of mine bought one and it only lasted about a month, but that could be due, in part, to our desert heat and intense sunshine as he left it out in the elements in direct sunshine all day.

Drac

What’s the point? Serious question.

Shrinks down to about 8 feet long so folds up nice and neat.

spooky_b329

Removes the need for faffing with a reel as well. Or untangling a spiral hose.

Plus spiral hoses eat horses. Fact. Apparently.

martinh
    Free Member

Good until it bursts, which is a common problem. I decided not to get another after checking the feedback scattered across the web. Seem to have serious quality control issues

andyl
    Free Member

I saw them and checked the reviews and then didn’t give buying one any further thought. Maybe okay if you can be very careful with it but hoses should be able to take a reasonable amount of abuse.

njee20
    Free Member

Shrinks down to about 8 feet long so folds up nice and neat.

Fair enough, I guess if space is at a massive premium, we just leave our hose reel by the outside tap, seems a far easier solution. 😕

Drac

Mine lives there too but no need to unwind it rewind it now.

trail_rat
    Free Member

i fixed mine to the wall(hozelock) – now i just pull the hose and it unwinds ….

when im done i just turn the handle and it returns –

it doesnt kink easy or be made of clingfilm…..

Drac

I did that and it would jam, twist and generally pain in the arse.

Tested the expandable and to return it you switch the tap off and it sorts itself out.

trail_rat
    Free Member

had you fitted the multi directional roller under the reel to straighten it out before it reached the real and ensure that you are only pulling it straight out the reel ?

works fine here – was fitted when i bought the house though.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Those fold up garden hoses….’ is closed to new replies.