Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • those ebay powerbanks
  • mav12
    Free Member

anyone used one got ny eye on this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131167027232?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT#ht_5333wt_1083

not convinced they are 30ah but the solar cell may be handy

buck53

Not an eBay one, but a Decathlon one very similar. Charges surprisingly quickly, kept two phones powered during sunny TT week in the Isle of Man last year, also kept us topped up when cycle touring later that summer.

I was sceptical but it’s a lot more useful than I expected, solar panel is larger than the one in your link, mind.

mav12
    Free Member

cheers ill have a look

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

30000 mah is a tad optimistic. How many 18650’s are in that and at what mah.?

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Beware, some of the ebay ones are a bit dodgy apparently (according to a manufacturer of genuine ones)

http://blog.newtrent.com/battery-pack-that-comes-with-bags-of-sand/

martymac

i have one exactly like that, its, er, ok.
    it only charges samsung phones using the lead it comes with, and a few weeks after buying it i had to replace all the screws holding it together.
    my honest advice, find something else.
    mine is 10ah btw, i can charge my phone up about 3 times and still have some juice left, so its probably accurate.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Sure some are dodgy, but I’m also wary of sellers who sell aggressively by slagging off the competition. Visited gadget show a year back and had on me a 2100mah iPhone battery case that had served me well, the guy on the Newtrent stand tried to sell me a new case, I said I had one, only to then have him offer to ‘show me pictures’ of melted phones, all kinds of ‘horror stories’. I just legged it.

lehutch
    Free Member

Those New Trent ones are very good, in fact they sent me a free one to try out, all I had to do was give them some feedback

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘those ebay powerbanks’ is closed to new replies.