Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Those DX lights thoughts / questions – trouty?
  • fozzybear
    Free Member

Hi was talking with my brother last night about these
    https://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.25149
    we were wondering if this
    http://www.bonthronebikes.co.uk/899-462068
    would allow you to mount the light on your helmet.

also is there any easy way of buying an uprated battery or connecting 2 batteries to make the light last longer?

thanks

z1ppy

I reckon the lupine mount should work, the edison 5 has essentially the same mounting.

Why would you want to connect two batteries together though?
    If you carrying them anyway, what the problem with a 2 minute swap over?
    Surely you can't ride non-stop for 6 hrs?

grumm
    Free Member
    fozzybear
    Free Member

thx grumm was more about the "product" than the people 😉 evans sell them etc and will match bonthrone if you take a copy of the page. was more a "would it fit" question

fozzybear
    Free Member

zippy, if the light dies on the way back or at the end of the ride, i didn't want to be fumbling in my bag to swap the batteries.

more a case of prevention then an issue.. if u know what i mean

grumm
    Free Member

Yup I just like to point it out as much as possible after my experience with them.

BTW in my experience you would be better off with something smaller/lighter with more of a spot for your helmet, and use the big DX light which is more floody on the bars.

devs
    Free Member

Will that extension cable work with the DX? can anyone confirm?

fozzybear
    Free Member

no, they use different sockets.

fozzybear
    Free Member

grumm i have a L&M that i could use for helmet and use the DX on the bars.
    still would like a little more run time than 3 hours (by the time we ride to the local place and back 3 hours is close) hmmm…

z1ppy

FB I can understand the issue if the light dies quickly, but if it's anything like the P7 torches they don't die immediately, they start to fade away – so it's obvious it's time to change.
    (Admittedly I don't have one, but am looking at ordering one this week, as I've mislaid a P7 torch)
    Still seems a lot of hassle to go through, when 2.5 hrs into a ride you could just swap the battery anyway… but if it's what you want an email to smudge might be the best way to get a 'proper' answer, as to whether it's worthwhile/possible.

saladdodger
    Free Member

Mine cost £50 wtf do folk want, it works and works well.

Do a search on this forum

If you are not sure try Hope etc

fozzybear
    Free Member

thanks for your invaluable input to the thread!

fozzybear
    Free Member

cheers zippy sent one of to him.

z1ppy

As an aside I did find that it has a "Low Power Warning: low power red light warning "

http://magicshine.en.alibaba.com/product/229776603-200924486/LED_Bicycle_light.html

Off to order myself one now 😀
    (though still pi$$ed I've lost one of my torches)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Those DX lights thoughts / questions – trouty?’ is closed to new replies.