Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Those cheap Ebay lights…Battery question
  • hurbum
    Free Member

So I bought a set of the cheap chinese ebay lights. Lights are really good but I seem to be having problems with the batteries! The first battery unexpectedly cut out after about an hour and a half on its first ride (didn’t even have it on full beam). Plugged it in and it just wouldn’t charge. Charged fine before it cut out, but after even the LED on the charger wouldn’t light up. Presumed I had a duff battery and bought a new, larger capacity one from Ebay. Again, it charged fine, but after it was fully drained it wouldn’t charge at all.

Anyone else had this problem with them?

ricky1
    Free Member

“Cheap lights” is a big vague,what make,where from ect?

ricky1
    Free Member

I mean what buyer,I have bought some but they work fine.

mesh

I had one, the battery life & burn times were terrible (although it did seem to charge ok). I got a battery from Torchy on ebay (seller big_f_d_d) after recommendations on here, run times much better. Well worth the money to get the most out of what appears to be a decent head unit on the light.

tom200

Sounds like the charger is duff, I had the same issue with mine, seller send me a new replacement and a free rear light. They have been fine ever since.

KonaOwner
    Free Member

It depends on what kind of light / battery you have, but I would advise you to try eBay seller big_f_d_d (AKA TorchyTheBatteryBoy) IME, he is an expert and he only sells stuff that he has tested. Not the cheapest, but he won’t let you down.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Those cheap Ebay lights…Battery question’ is closed to new replies.