• This topic has 18 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Kit.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Those bloody foreigners….
  • druidh
    Free Member

….going home and leaving us all the jobs 👿

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/10174019.stm

ton

i have just applied for a job in a local sex massage parlour as a masseuse (sp?)

😉

druidh
    Free Member

Just remember to warm your hands up first!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Well **** me if that's not a stunning indictment of the electorate of GB. How many of the indigenous population have thought of doing the same in the last couple of weeks?

luked2
    Free Member

Who now will harvest our potatoes, or buy our horrid over-built houses?

CountZero

Well **** me if that's not a stunning indictment of the electorate of GB. How many of the indigenous population have thought of doing the same in the last couple of weeks?

They've probably realised that their gravytrain has been derailed, and the tracks ripped up and sold for scrap by the pikeys.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

They've probably realised that their gravytrain has been derailed

gravy train

n. Slang

An occupation or other source of income that requires little effort while yielding considerable profit.

Which kinda sums up nicely the employment opportunities for foreigners – doesn't it ?

btw, the article refers to last year's figures.

montylikesbeer

I'm just a third generation bog trotting west coast of Ireland culchie…………….what would I know

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

what would I know

How to lay a kerb stone ? 💡

jon1973
    Free Member

This was bound to happen eventually as the economy takes a nosedive. People assume that foreign workers want to be here as oppose to working here as a means to an end. Everyone in Europe has the same opportunity to work where ever they want.

Watching the news today about how much is spent on benefits paid to the indigenous population, I suspect that foreigners aren't really the problem in this country. We need to look a bit closer to home to sort out our problems.

samuri
    Free Member

heh! I know a number of people who employ Polish people. Here's what they say about them.

1. Hard working.
    2. They actually care about the job they're doing.
    3. They get the job done, if it takes some extra effort, no problem.
    4. They don't strike or bitch about conditions. If they're not happy they just walk.
    5. Professional.

The issue is not with the Eastern Europeans, it's way closer to home.

kennyp
    Free Member

heh! I know a number of people who employ Polish people. Here's what they say about them.

1. Hard working.
    4. They don't strike or bitch about conditions. If they're not happy they just walk.
    5. Professional.

I also know folk who employed Polish folk who said they were no better and no worse than the average British tradesman.

yunki
    Free Member
    myheadsashed

On balance Kenny I'm with samurai on that one the ones I see at work hard.

oldgit
    Free Member

The total opposite view from here.

Resin42
    Free Member

samuri – Member

1. Hard working.
    5. Professional.

Despite losing out on a lot of work to Eastern Europeans I don't really bear them any ill will. On balance though the main reasons they get employed are:-

1. They're cheap
    2. They'll do whatever shite job you throw at them
    3. They're effin cheap

At least that's what experience dictates. 😉

oldgit
    Free Member

A generalisation is that they work for bare surival wages i.e just enough to feed themselves that day and worry about tomorrow when it comes. Rarely is there any guarantee let alone a reciept.
    All the work I've seen has been illegal, working but still illegal and would never be passed and probably condemned.
    This is from my experience in the electrical trade.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

btw, the article refers to last year's figures

Bloody STW pedants spoiling my fun!

Let me put a different spin on it…

Look what a great job Gordo did reducing net migration to the Uk. It'll only get worse with dave and the new liberals.

Kit
    Free Member

dave and the new liberals

Good band name!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Those bloody foreigners….’ is closed to new replies.