Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Those big cogs on Fresh Goods Friday
  • Conan257
    Free Member

Website doesn’t work for me at work, so I can’t find out the info to this… But…

I’m certain Shimano and SRAM rear mech’s are only rated upto 36 tooth chainrings, so how will this 40 tooth thing work?

Feel free to correct me in the classic STW friendly way.

wwaswas

I suspect you might need the XX1 rear mech and shifter. Just not the cassettee.

Mister-P
    Free Member

If you need to buy those two items why would you want to run a bastardised 10 speed cassette?

mintimperial

If you need to buy those two items why would you want to run a bastardised 10 speed cassette?

I think the 11 speed set up needs a whole new hub, therefore new wheel?

trail_rat
    Free Member

can i let out a genuine lol at people who fit a 40tooth cog to a 1 x 10 …….

if your unfit just stick to 2×10 or fit a smaller front ring.

Conan257
    Free Member

if your unfit you’re not fit enough to climb up that cliff just stick to 2×10 or fit a smaller front ring.

FTFY

I have no intention of going back to 1x, I was just curious…

trail_rat
    Free Member

how many enduros involve riding up walls ? and lets face it … what ever gear your in its invariably the wrong one.

1 x 1 – much simpler and like last night where my buddy had trouble shifting due to numb hands – i did not have this issue 😉

Raouligan
    Free Member

I think it’s because the SRAM 11 speed cassette is over £300 so you could have two of those set ups for the same price…

fathomer

How would an 11 speed mech and shifter work with a 10 speed cassette?

passtherizla
    Free Member

I may be wrong but I read that as meaning it replaces 4 of the largest rings on a sram 1070 10 speed cassette, leaving you with 10 still…

andrewh
    Free Member

may be wrong but I read that as meaning it replaces 4 of the largest rings on a sram 1070 10 speed cassette, leaving you with 10 still…

I read it like that too.

warpcow
    Free Member

andrewh – Member
    may be wrong but I read that as meaning it replaces 4 of the largest rings on a sram 1070 10 speed cassette, leaving you with 10 still…

I read it like that too.

It is like that. Saw their website a few months ago, but no mention there of whether a regular mech has the capacity for them, which I didn’t think they do.

messiah
    Free Member

They say a regular mech will work and there are a couple of reviews out there which support that statement.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Those big cogs on Fresh Goods Friday’ is closed to new replies.