Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Those annoying junk calls from 01792 coded numbers…
  • ohnohesback
    Free Member

What can be done to bar them from calling my mobile? (Orange) I’ve just sent a complaint via SMS to the Orange report spam number, 7726. Is there anything else that can be done?

Tom-B
    Free Member

I used to. Set my phone to automatically reject the number.

Harry_the_Spider

I have one of these.

Most effective.

zokes
    Free Member

(NSFW) as pretty sweary….

globalti
    Free Member

Every time I get one of those calls I just copy and paste the number into a file called “nuisance caller” in my address book. I’ve got about 7 different numbers now.

tthew

Report to the Information Comissioners Office – https://www.snapsurveys.com/swh/surveylogin.asp?k=134674895144%5D Does the telephone preference service work with mobiles?

ohnohesback
    Free Member

I’ve got a mountain rescue whistle close to hand for live calls but this is a recording. I think the company must have bought several consecutively numbered lines as the call I recieved today is from the next number above the (presumably blocked now) previous junk call I received last week.

eskay

If it is a real person and they ask to speak to mr eskay I politely tell them that I will just get him for them, walk to the kitchen, put the phone down, walk out and shut the door. It is am amazing how long some of them will wait! Try it.

martymac

or set your phone to accept calls only from people you know, anything else gets rejected.

Cougar

Does the telephone preference service work with mobiles?

No.

CountZero

I recently had a call on my mobile from someone about insurance mis-selling, I was so annoyed I told the caller to procreate off. 😈

eskay

I once managed to get one of those people who tell you that there is a virus on your pc to call me a mutha fkr. I was quite impressed with myself, he was on the phone for ages. I said my PC crashed whilst booting up, installed updates all whilst he was patiently holding the line. I then started tying him up in knots about what he was saying and he lost the plot.

I reckon I will be victor meldrew when I retire, quite looking forward to it!

enfht
    Free Member

Does the telephone preference service work with mobiles?

No.

Certainly does for our Company mobiles, I added some more a couple of weeks back.

Do I now get a ban for disagreeing with a mod?

Oh well, in for a penny etc…..Cougar is a lipstick wearing racist Gaylord.

Cougar

Only on Saturdays.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Those annoying junk calls from 01792 coded numbers…’ is closed to new replies.