Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Those aldi work stands, can you get them anywhere else?
  • tinybits
    Free Member

Quite often these are sold by several people under a different name, so wondering where else they can be had from?

Failing that, anyone know of a decent sub £50 stand?

northernmatt

Are the Lidl ones the same?

tinybits
    Free Member

I dont know, are they any good?

northernmatt

They are pretty good considering they are only £30. You have to nip up some of the adjusters quite hard to stop it moving about depending on how your bike is balanced. The legs spread out really far as well so it’s very stable. Comes with a little tool tray thingy. Only trouble is they don’t have them in all the time .

hexhamstu
    Free Member

Quite a few different types on ebay.

muddyfool

I picked up one of these a while ago:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0080R1CBG

Seems good to me, fairly stable and way better than working on a bike without a stand. I haven’t used another one though, Aldi or otherwise, so can’t really compare it… But worth the price for sure.

palmer77
    Free Member

I had an Aldi one which was ok for the money, but the Merlin one is amazing by comparison for not too much more: http://www.merlincycles.com/bike-shop/workshop-tools/workshop/workstands/bike-tools-workstand.html

cloudnine
    Free Member
    iamroughrider
    Free Member

decathelon maybe??

BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

That Merlin one is generic – the same as the one Ribble sell for a fiver less. Also the Edinburgh Cycle Cooperative sell the same thing again for quite a bit more.

carlosg
    Free Member

Can’t do links from my phone but google’ sealey bike repair stand’ , a fair bit sturdier than tha aldi one for not much more. Mine has been in use without problems for the last 7 years.

twonks

I bought exactly the model shown in the Amazon link above, but from ebay for a few quid cheaper.

Well worth it and not fussed about the little bit more it cost than waiting for an eternity for Aldi / Lidl to have any in stock locally.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Those aldi work stands, can you get them anywhere else?’ is closed to new replies.