Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Those “Why I Ride a Bike” moments
  • Harry_the_Spider

Had one last night.

Four of us heading (at some speed) towards the setting sun on dusty trails.

deanfbm
    Free Member

Myself at steel city sums it pretty darn well for me.

Style and smiles.

neninja
    Free Member

Rode one of my favourite stretches of trail anywhere yesterday – the descent over the moors to Edmundbyers. Fixed grin the whole way.

curlie467
    Free Member

Went out last and rode the geared bike, the rear mech shafted itself so could only get enough chain tension to carry on in my lowest gear (34f and 34r).

Still carried on albeit slowly for the duration and had a laugh. 😀

Beautiful evening yesterday.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Friday at the MTB skills bit by the Velodrome
    My kids loved it and were nailing* the table tops and drops with the skill and enthusiasm only a 6 & 7 year old could do

Got some awesome videos of them doing this with big smiles

* Not crashing on them limited air was grabbed

RustySpanner

Pennine Bridleway/bit of cheek on Sunday, with the Mrs.

Bit of routefinding, new bits we’d not ridden before, ickle lambs, deer, laughs, rediscovered mojo, dust, cake & Vimto.

I need specs though:
    Wondered why the group of kids walking along behind us weren’t dissappearing into the distance as fast as they should.
    Turns out they were on horses. 😐
    Off to Specsavers.

slowclimb
    Free Member

I had 2 at the weekend. Out ridng at Grizedale and Whinlatter with my 8 year old son, just really great proper Wonder Years days (if anybody can remember that!)
    Turns out its not all about nailing Strava sections and pinning it 🙂

He was particularly made up at the end of Whinlatter blue when 3 guys in their mid 30s-ish came across to congratulate him on pretty much staying on their wheels the whole way round!

doug_basqueMTB.com

Yesterday, hot and sunny, riding a little dirt singletrack through the trees. Spring has sprung like it means it and everything is green but the dirt is covered in tiny white flowers blown from the plants which show the tyre tracks. There´s a million reasons why I ride but that was one of them.

stewart4444
    Free Member

neninja – Member

Rode one of my favourite stretches of trail anywhere yesterday – the descent over the moors to Edmundbyers. Fixed grin the whole way.

know that descent, tis mint. Been meaning to getover there to do the a ride from Ebyer, blanchland, slaley forest, hexham common etc.
    reckon it will be nicely dryed out. ages since i’ve done it n’all

Wookster

I had one of those above Keilder yesterday morning around 830. Just awesome riding I actually laughed out loud on one of the descents (Ive never done that before and Im not the yee ha type!)

It seems very far away sat on the Isle of Wight now 🙁

It was a further nail in the coffin of this bit of my working life though!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Those “Why I Ride a Bike” moments’ is closed to new replies.