Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Thors – who else has just bagged a cheap set?
  • iamsporticus
    Free Member

And more to the point how have you set them up?

I eventually fitted my On One bargaintastic 2010 Thors last weekend and have been tinkering ever since to get the set up to my liking

My problem is Im comparing them to my old Pikes which I fitted and then promptly forgot about

The difference is the Thor seems fussy and needs some compression damping otherwise its just too active
    On the Pike I always left it open even climbing out of the saddle but the Thor definitely needs some taming

It just seems wrong to me to have to choke a fork like this if you know what I mean

I know its just a different way of working but if anyone else has gone through this Id love to hear

FWIW todays setting are approx 10% more pressure for sensible sag, Albert select 'on' and about half way on the dial

Cheers!

GeeWavetree
    Free Member

I had some and hated them – the sweet spot was none existent. New revs and Fox F series piss all over them (talas are only £40 more and the travel adjust is FAR MORE efficient/effective)

joolsburger
    Free Member

Too active??? What does that actually mean?

GeeWavetree
    Free Member

bob like **** and dive

iamsporticus
    Free Member

Wot he said

Im resigned to running with the damping always on which helps – but then wont be able to fully lock 'em fully for those mad road climbs when the lads go hell for leather

Hmmmm

More advice welcome 🙂

joolsburger
    Free Member

Yup they are very linear that's for sure. Bit more pressure, 5ml of oil in the air chamber and use the albert when your climbing if you must, works on my Marathons but I like my forks active

br
    Free Member

I also got some from On One, and just followed the set-up from the manual (no extra oil or anything)…

Work super on my HT. You did RTFM, didn't you – and install the cable etc.

giantjason
    Free Member

I got some too but have yet to set them up or use them.

I like my fork active so hoping for good things.

Speshpaul

I'm totally over the moon with mine, set following the manual. Been really impressed, so impressed that i tried to buy another pair for the HT. But On-one took my money and dicked me around. Very very unimpressed with them.

joolsburger
    Free Member

That extra 5 mm of oil in the air chamber just helps them ramp up at the end of their travel was suggested to me by Magura. I'm very happy with mine.

nickc

Run mine with compression damping on all the time. It's fine.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Thors – who else has just bagged a cheap set?’ is closed to new replies.