Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Thomson Seatpost Bolt
  • skiprat
    Free Member

Does anyone know if Thomson make a longer seatpost bolt? I have one of their lay back posts and need an extra couple of degrees of angle. The bolt that is at the back only has a couple of threads holding it in. Do they make a longer bolt or do i just go to a bolt shop? Who is the importer?

Ta

theflatboy
    Free Member

England

Jim Walker and Company-EU Warehouse and Distributor
    13 Apex Park, Apex Way
    Hailsham
    East Sussex, England BN27 3JU
    44-0870-752-8777 – phone
    44-01323-845849 – fax

skiprat
    Free Member

Cheers Flatboy

theflatboy
    Free Member

no probs, found it a few weeks ago for someone else. can't remember the website, but they've got one and you can buy every thomson part they make, basically.

njee20
    Free Member

It's a standard bolt, just buy a longer one if they don't. Go ti and save a bit of weight too!

foxyrider
    Free Member
    UK-FLATLANDER

It's not a standard bolt, the back surface of the head is radiused and sits in a cupped washer.

skiprat
    Free Member

What to do, have phoned Jim Walker and they say don't ride it, check with the shop that you bought it from that its the same as any other, not just a rouge one that got through quaility control. But the bolt needs to be right through the threads……………..

……………..Thomson in the US have emailed me to say that as long as the bolts are done up to the right torque, it'll be fine!!

Who do you trust??

Hedgehog
    Free Member

Thomson. not because Jim Walker is wrong (which he may be right) but IF it does snap, you have an email from to prove you followed manufacture specifications.

Makes a difference when you have broken bones ! my two pence worth !

Hedge.

theflatboy
    Free Member

i'm with hedge on that. can't argue with an email from the company itself.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Thomson Seatpost Bolt’ is closed to new replies.