Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 87 total)
  • THOMSON (or other dropper) REMOTE ADAPTORS ARE GO!!!!!
  • stevied
    Free Member

@greatape..I made one, originally, for the Lev remote. I changed to a Thomson and found it worked great with that one too.

Silver ones, that have been paid, have been posted today. Black ones only came back from anodisers at 4.30pm so will be posted tomorrow..

thegreatape
    Free Member

Super! If you have any left, or make any more, I’ll have one.

stevied
    Free Member

Send me an email, currently compiling a list for another run. Think I’m getting close to having enough to do them.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Done

robhughes
    Free Member

Steve.If you haven’t managed to ano black mine (as par email,i was a bit late)can i wait until the next run and have it done then please bud.
    Don’t mind the wait. 😀

stevied
    Free Member

Rob, I’ll check tomorrow as my list is at work.

I’ve just had an email from someone who wants 20 so, hopefully, I’ll get to run another batch if that goes ahead 😀

Shackleton

Email sent for new batch waiting list. Cheers 🙂

robhughes
    Free Member

Thanks Steve.If you have sent it out do you mind if i fire it back to for the next batch getting anodized.
    Cheers.

garypower
    Free Member

Hi Steve, great looking bit of kit, can you add me to your next production run, I need 2 adaptors in black please.
    Thanks Gary.

damienp
    Free Member

Hi Steve,

I would love one of these in black for my Thomson dropper!

Thanks,
    Damien.

stevied
    Free Member

damien, drop me an email. I’m all out at the moment but hoping to do some more..

philwarren11
    Free Member

Ive just made an I-Spec B version, i can give you the drawing if you want to make them.

The final version is just printing on my Makerbot.

stevied
    Free Member

Phil, sounds interesting. Please drop me an email and we can discuss 🙂

40mpg

I reckon that would work quite nicely with a Giant Contact Switch dropper too, but I’ll have a closer look tonight before committing!

monkeyboyjc

Got mine today! ?

Very happy. Will fit and post pics in a bit. ..

monkeyboyjc

And….

Fitted. Seems pretty tight with slx breaks and a thomson remote as the slx leavers aren’t all that long. Final positioning tbc.

superfli
    Free Member

Fits perfectly for my XFusion Hilo remote:

Used last night and it was great! Would be a little better if it had a clamp to fit, so you dont have to bend it apart or remove grips, but for £15, whos to complain!
    Thanks Steve, great stuff 🙂

bennn
    Free Member

I’d like a couple of these please if you could add me to the next Batch?

Will email tonight.

Thanks, Ben.

stevied
    Free Member

Nice to see them arriving.

@superfli The idea was to keep it as minimal as possible and with most people using lock-on’s these days it seemed the best way with the screw position. Most shifters etc you need to take the grips off to remove them so didn’t seem like an issue. Hope you don’t need to take your grips off too often..

monkeyboyjc

Stevie – have you tried it without the locking bolt? – seems to work just fine using the force from my thomson remote – may make it lighter / cheaper to make?

stevied
    Free Member

Not tried it without the screw but it’s a good tip for the weight-weenies out there. With the screw you can leave the adaptor in place if you want to take the dropper/remote off.
    I normally take mine off for uplift/DH days but can leave the adaptor on for when I put the dropper back on.

dogg
    Free Member

Got mine today great Thanks

Wally

Got mine too. Many thanks.

fudge9202
    Free Member

Got mine today, lovely black anodized one, nice job Steve!
    Cheers

deluded
    Free Member

Got mine today, lovely black anodized one, nice job Steve!
    Cheers

+1

bullroar
    Free Member

Nicely made Steve, thanks.

Having trouble getting it placed with a KS Lev. Lever is short, fat and has a long firm throw (especially for release), really needs rotating up a bit then it clashes with other stuff. Suspect the Thomson lever is more suited to it, will explore when that bike is back from having its rear end sorted.

tmb467
    Free Member

Hmmm – this is ace but I forgot about the ESI grip removal nightmare…

Good work tho Steve. Very professional

superfli
    Free Member

Yes, quite! I think ESI are fit and leave until you destroy them.

robhughes
    Free Member

Got mine today.Thanks Steve.
    Really really well made piece of kit.Well done. 😀

fudge9202
    Free Member

Anyone finding that if used with a 2×10 setup it’s tricky to get the dropper remote in the perfect spot ergonomically. If I place it next to grip and then I’m moving the brake lever more inboard than I like and vice versa the dropper remote is too close to my slx shifters if I put the brake next to the grip,

thegreatape
    Free Member

I assumed it was meant really for 1x set ups, for that exact reason.

fudge9202
    Free Member

Due to my old knees and the need for a granny ring where I ride I’m afraid 2×10 it is, so if anyone would like a black anodized adapter email me, address is in profile.

bazza17
    Free Member

Is there any more of these going in black?

stevied
    Free Member

I’m going to be doing some more bazza. Fudge, sorry it didn’t work well for you. If you want to send it back I’m sure I can sort out something sort of refund..

jmatlock
    Free Member

Sorry if it’s been asked. Do they work ok with Specialized Command Post levers?

If so, I will take one from the next batch of black ones.

jmatlock
    Free Member

If the fit, I will take the one from Fudge?

dan86
    Free Member

If they don’t fit I’ll take fudges one off his hands!

bennn
    Free Member

Emailed you stevied

akira

Did we ascertain of they fitted the command post mount?

stevied
    Free Member

Anyone got a pic of the adaptor with the KS (or other) remote fitted? I seem to have deleted mine and wanted to add some to the other thread so people can see what it will work with…
    Cheers
    Steve

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘THOMSON (or other dropper) REMOTE ADAPTORS ARE GO!!!!!’ is closed to new replies.