Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • thomson handlebars
  • DJTC
    Free Member

just had a quick browse on the thomson website, says there will be a range of handlebars released in september. this is very exciting news to me. does anyone have any extra info other than that on the webstite. any pictures?

coogan
    Free Member

They have updates on Facebook. Ti Bars, new dropper seat post, carbon fibre stem. Not saying much about them, but sample pics and wee bits of info.

https://www.facebook.com/bikethomson?ref=ts

Plus on Pinterest

http://pinterest.com/bikethomson/

deluded
    Free Member

They’re also working on cranks.

burnie
    Free Member

They do look rather nice… I want!

Edit: Thompson cranks would be rather nice too

DJTC
    Free Member

beaut looking ti bars! a dropper post too!?

deluded
    Free Member

I wrote a quick fanboi email to Thomson a month ago stating my liking for their bike bits and inquired if they’d be expanding the range. I received a reply thanking me for my comments from their head of marketing (David Parrett) with information that they were working on dropper seat posts and cranks – how good is that!

andyl
    Free Member

6 and 12 degree sweep options. 12 definitely sounds interesting.

Thomson stuff just holds it’s value so well too. They don’t bring out new ranges each year and their stuff is so well made.

They need a 60mm stem though to sit in between the 50 and 70.

Complete Thomson finishing kit would be nice.

andyl
    Free Member

oh and quite surprised by the carbon X4 face plate. But I think they are doing that for fatigue as they have had faceplate failures and they do say its a consumable part which should be replaced after a while. I do like that they only charge £8 for them in black though. Good honest pricing for something they want you to change after so long instead of pricing it up so people wont.

DJTC
    Free Member

i wish i had not seen their facebook page. got me overly excited and slightly sad that it i will have to wait so long for any of it to be ready.

the_lecht_rocks

How wide are the bars ?

Holyzeus
    Free Member

730mm

cynic-al
    Free Member

“very exciting”…handlebars…WTF?

Onzadog
    Free Member

I agree al, silly to get excited over some bars.

However, the dropper post is a different story. Very excited about that.
    🙂

DJTC
    Free Member

i know, i worry myself sometimes. but look at those ti bars. they look beautifull.

ratherbeintobago

Any more news/rumours on the cranks?

Andy

Onzadog
    Free Member

Bit disapointed about the dropper post. Seems the cable will run up to the cradle. Thought if anyone could make a collar mounted cable work if would be Thomson.

loddrik
    Free Member

I’m just amazed it’s taken them this long to get round to it, it’s obvious there’ll be a pretty good demand for an expanded Thomson range.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘thomson handlebars’ is closed to new replies.