• This topic has 8 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by DanW.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Help – Thomson elite dropper post DOA?
  • Wally

So I’m sat here at my desk, worrying.
    Post arrived today and I thought I would have a little look before I go home. This is not fixed to bike yet. If I squeeze the cam lever I can compress the post, BUT the post only returns to 70mm if I fully compress the post and activate the lever by holding just the lever and squeezing. The only way to get the post to return to 120mm is to squeeze the cam and pull the post up. Oh dear, how can I have broken it already?? I can not imagine how fitting it to the bike will fix this. Why is it not returning to full extension?

squeezing cam and compressing the post a little (60mm) and then holding up and squeezing the cam results in nothing happening, the post does not extend at all.

Phoned up purchaser shop – they said fit it then ring us. If it does not work.

I’m convinced it’s DOA.

big_scot_nanny

I had this on mine, was simply that it was not quite pulling enough cable. Same symptoms.

For me, tweak of cable tension and things have been tickety-boo since.

Hope same for you, as the shop says, fit it and see.

HTH!

Wally

I wish it was that, If I fully compress and then squeeze the cam until it hits the stop bar, it extends to 75mm and no more. Compressing less than 2/3rd results in no rise back.
    It’s like there is not enough return pressure inside?

ivorlott
    Free Member

Had to be more aggressive with the lever on mine than expected, might just be that you’re being a bit gentle with it?

Wally

Nope, squeezing hard till the stop point and it simply extends to 75mm and no more. Boo hoo….

Wally

Broken. Not impressed, £240 is hardly a cheap object and it will not work straight out of the box. Simply will not return up any more than 40mm now. No matter how much the arm is released. Will post up how the very popular, but smaller, online retailer deals with this. Since I have put £1000’s there way over the years, I hope rather well. Been fitting it since 5am ready for a big ride – Oh well.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

90 mins to fit a seatpost?

Wally

All sorted – thanks Merlin – Ace customer service.

DanW
    Free Member

Stuff does occasionally go wrong but it is good that Merlin have sorted it- I’ve always found them to be one of the best in the past for customer service

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Help – Thomson elite dropper post DOA?’ is closed to new replies.