Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Thomson dropper vs Rockshox Reverb
  • Lakes_Puma

Have anyone tried both?, I can’t seem to find a single post or review comparing the two.

ricky1
    Free Member

I think both are way over priced for what they are,I really need a dropper post but refuse to pay the price they ask for them,however I won’t buy a second hand one either.

nwill1
    Free Member

RRP is crazy but you can pick up a Reverb for £150 new if you wait for a short while for a deal!

I used to think over £100 for a seat post was crazy but a dropper lives up to the hype makes every ride more fun I could not be without mine.

As for Thomson vs Reverb I can comment but my Reverb has been faultless . I see a lot of discounted Reverbs but not any discounted Thomson posts.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

I’ve got a Reverb and my mate has a Thomson. Functionally both are equivalent, the only difference being that the Reverb is hydraulically actuated and the Thomson via a cable. Personally I prefer the cable for ease of maintenance, but iv’e had no issues with my reverb so far so its not really an issue. The Thomson is a lovely made piece of kit. it is proper quality, you can really see the attention to detail and where the cost is. The reverb is nice but obviously functional and just does the job. I can’t really choose between the two, both work well, seem reliable – 2yrs on my reverb absolutely trouble free, the top collar is just starting to develop a little play, but its a part that wears so to be expected. There is only 6 months on my mates Thomson so perhaps a little too early to judge, but all good so far. He didn’t pay full price for his Thomson, something like sub £250. Pricy, but a quality product. You can’t go wrong with either. What price would you pay for kit that just works with no problems at all? He’s got a KS jobby on his other bike (not a Lev) and he has had problems with it a few times, but it keeps going – but that wasn’t that cheap having said that.

I don’t mind paying for kit that works. I’ve bought cheap before and it almost always turns out to be a false economy.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Thomson dropper vs Rockshox Reverb’ is closed to new replies.