Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Thomson Dropper Post Lever options
  • EddieFiola
    Free Member

Is there any better dropper levers for a Thomson post?

Thanks

mattbee

I use an old Crank Bros one with mine.
    Did mod an XO lhs shifter which worked really well until I crashed & broke it…

pinder318
    Free Member

Southpaw lever. I’ve converted both to these and works great. Picked mine up from ebay

EddieFiola
    Free Member

Thanks does it have a really really small grub screw like the original Thompson?

aidanoggy
    Free Member

Fox transfer lever, although that has a really tiny grub screw made of cheese. I’ve one fitted but will swap it out for a Wolftooth when they finally get any in stock

bullroar
    Free Member

Another vote for the Southpaw, lovely smooth action, easy to fit no small grub screws on the lever and plenty of adjustment to get the position correct. Cost might be the only downside but I was so impressed with it on the Thomson I bought another for the KS Lev on the hardtail.

honeybadgerx

Wolftooth ones are in stock (I-spec II anyway).

Admittedly I ordered one before posting here… 😳

Onzadog
    Free Member

Running mine with Fox transfer but having seen the pics, I really like the look of the wolftooth.

bigyim
    Free Member

I used an old left hand shifter. Look the mech apart so it sprung back and removed one of the two levers so it looks better. Works a dream

Onzadog
    Free Member

Ah, just realised, are we talking standard or covert?

EddieFiola
    Free Member

covert, its all back to front!

mattbee

Ah. Neither of the options I’ve used would work then.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Mine is covert, so works with the Fox transfer lever and looks like the wolftooth will work as well.

honeybadgerx

Hopefully will have the wolftooth one next week, building up the bike the weekend after so will try and remember to post an update/mini-review on here. New bike will be using a covert Thomson 150mm dropper, but I’ve been using a non-covert 125mm Thomson previously with the original lever.

shortcut

I’m running the Wolftooth one and can confirm it is a big improvement on the standard Thomson one which is barely fit for purpose.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Thomson Dropper Post Lever options’ is closed to new replies.