Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Thomson Dropper Post 27.2 X 430mm
  • 2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Does anyone know who may have stock at a sensible price?
    I see they have been advertised for as little as £239 but I can’t find any stock anywhere so that price is pretty meaningless, Xmas is coming so I need to buy a present for myself from the family 🙂

mcnultycop

Swinnerton (from memory) had one a few weeks back. Miles more expensive than the price you mention though.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Now out of stock, even if it is a lot more expensive 🙁

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jam-bo

The importers have them in stock. My lbs checked. Just not sure if I can face to £350 rrp.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Bump for the daytime crowd 🙂

timb34
    Free Member

alltricks.fr for 299€ ?? Not sure about postage.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Thanks for that but I didn’t want to order from abroad given dropper post reliability issues.

Cheers.

spacemonkey

I still can’t get my head around the price of droppers. Ten years or so ago mates were importing them for IRO £200 and yet they still cost that now. Way over priced for what they are IMO. Would like one but can’t justify the cost.

ads678

Get a Tmars then.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Just posting to say thanks to timb34, I did indeed order it from alltricks in the end as it was the only place that showed stock, turned up today so I test fitted it before putting it back in it’s box until Xmas 🙁

vincienup
    Free Member

Just took a look at alltricks and they still have 27.2 Thomsons, but now e359 which is still a good price in gbp just not as awesome.

I want a 27.2 dropper, and I’ve got it down to the Lev and Thomson, I think. Both are hard to find in the UK and expensive. I’ve not heard much about Thomson dropper reliability. Is this a good thing? The lack of air valve on the 27.2 Lev and the potentially snappy kevlar thread inside it both worry me. I thought I’d found a really good deal on Jenson USA until I worked out the import taxes and considered the potential for ups adding a collection fee…

Del

Lev does have fixed cable though. I don’t think there are enough thomsons about yet to really know what they’re like. i have a lev and like it, but i have 30.9 and 150mm drop which made it worthwhile over reverb etc.

wwaswas

I’ve got a couple of Lev’s and a reverb.

I prefer the Lev’s generally and not having a loop of hose with the seat down is a big win for me.

only problem I had was losign the cap off where the cable goes in – I’ve zip tied the replacement on as it’s only held in place by a rubber seal.

vincienup
    Free Member

Hm. A mate has an older Supernatural (i900 I think) that is probably three years old now, maybe older, and still in great working order with basically no attention bar a new cable and stanchion greasing. I’ve got a Reverb that I like in a larger post frame. I know what you mean about the loop, that frame has a bridge between the stays though, and I’ve routed along the down tube and up the seat tube behind the stay so it stays pretty well out if the way. Usually my leg would be covering it from snags and I don’t remember noticing catching myself on it once.

What was worrying me more on the Lev was the number of stories I’ve heard of that thread snapping. Overall I’d much prefer the fixed entry point as I’ve got a spare set of cable guides due to no front shifting and I’d like to keep it clean. The Thomson name is a big draw, though and buying from ze French is about 50 quid cheaper than a ks from stif, who seem to be the only people in the UK advertising Lev 27.2’s and able to actually sell one…

Del

only problem I had was losign the cap off where the cable goes in – I’ve zip tied the replacement on as it’s only held in place by a rubber seal.

? one i fitted recently had a little prong on the cable outer cap that sits in to a hole on the red cap.

wwaswas

maybe they’ve changed the design?

jairaj

What was worrying me more on the Lev was the number of stories I’ve heard of that thread snapping.

Doesn’t worry me much. Many fewer stories than the Reverb issues and the LEV is easily fixed at home with basic tools and a strap wrench which only costs a few pounds.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Thomson Dropper Post 27.2 X 430mm’ is closed to new replies.