Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Thomson Dropper – anywhere cheaper than Wiggle for them?
  • danti

After a 31.6 400mm
    Thanks in advance

dogg
    Free Member

On one

danti

Bump – for the daytime crowd.

Can’t see any with on one – only non-dropper Thomson posts.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bensales
    Free Member

Chainreaction have both normal and covert in 31.6 for £314.99. Only two coverts left though.

bensales
    Free Member

And Leisurelake have them at 306 if you’re a VIP member.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

Chainreaction have both normal and covert in 31.6 for £314.99. Only two coverts left though.

What’s the difference?

euain

Merlin? £270 (and a few quid back with Quidco etc.).

Edit – which is the same price as Wiggle – and I think Wiggle do more cashback – so nowhere cheaper that I know of.

chestrockwell

If you shop at Tesco get Evans to price match and double up your clubcard points for more money off. I did and ended up paying about £170 in real money. 😉

rockhopperbike

good tip- likey the idea!

bensales
    Free Member

suburbanreuben – Member
    What’s the difference?

Covert is the internal cable routing version, normal runs the cable outside up to the head of the seatpost.

hora
    Free Member

300 quid for a dropper? 😯

It goes up and down. Thats it. Its not like a suspension fork is it.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Having now got a bike with one on I’d happily part with that cash.

AlexSimon

hora – Member

300 quid for a dropper?

£300 is dear when you can get the excellent Reverb for £170.
    But I would rather ride a hardtail with dropper than FS bike with qr seatpost.
    ymmv

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

300 quid for a dropper?

The concept isn’t that dissimilar. It’s clearly quite a challenge to make something in the parameters given.

Of course you can buy a cheap one for £100 – and by all accounts they seem to be a bit of a lottery as to whether they work, or not.

Or you buy a more expensive one, that is generally, considerably more reliable.

You pay your money & take your choice. (I don’t have a Thomson).

BadlyWiredDog

Anyone come across a stockist of the Thomson under saddle lever recently? I think they’ve discontinued them, but I like the idea of having a more easily swappable dropper post that I can use across a couple of bikes with the same seatpost diameter.

chestrockwell

The Thomson costs more then the Reverb because it’s better IMO. Better built, better in use. What’s the RRP of a Reverb anyway?

hora
    Free Member

I’m not arguing about quality I’m arguing about its function. Its abit like the Thompson bike that was put out on here not so long ago (forget the dated looks). Perceived quality when its function is exactly the same as all the rest is just window dressing IMO.

jam-bo

Thomson only seems expensive because they seem to control stock/discounts a bit tighter than the others. Reverb RRP isn’t far off the Thomson RRP.

chestrockwell

Perceived quality when its function is exactly the same as all the rest is just window dressing IMO.

You could argue all day about that in relation to bikes. Why buy a £7000 super bike when a £1000 one will do the same job?

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Thomson Dropper – anywhere cheaper than Wiggle for them?’ is closed to new replies.