Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Thomson = Awesome
  • choron
    Free Member

Feel I should just let you guys know of my recent experience with Thomson CS.

Having cracked my 4 year old stem through sheer idiocy (overtorquing a steerer pinch bolt), thomson (via iRide) replaced it free of charge without proof of purchase. Awesome…

jota180
    Free Member

Awesome =

Not awesome =

Just a thought 🙂

foxyrider
    Free Member

jota – whats to say that stem has not been over torqued – the bolts look a bit dinted to me?

jota180
    Free Member

I think you may have missed my rather sarcastic point there foxy

I’m having a dig about the word ‘awesome’

MrWoppit
    Free Member

How’dyou manage that? I did exactly the same and had to buy a whole new headset!

😡

Jamie
    Free Member

How’dyou manage that? I did exactly the same and had to buy a whole new headset!

Did you tell them they were awesome?

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Mine cracked as well, no free replacement here, they just sent me a link to where I could buy a new one.

cynic-al
    Free Member

you cracked a face-plate and replaced it qwith a headset?

That is awesome.

choron
    Free Member

You bought a new headset???

I just asked nicely, and got a good response. As for the use of the word awesome, it’s relative to your other experiences of customer service (and hoe much you like volcanos).

Edit: I cracked the body, not the faceplate. I asked if I could buy a new body and they replaced the whole thing FOC.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I just bought another one from Merlin last week- it came with 3mm bolts not the standard 4mm..

I’m going to die, aren’t I?? 😥

choron
    Free Member

My new one has the smaller bolts, I think they’re there to stop idiots like me overtorquing them.

foxyrider
    Free Member

I think you may have missed my rather sarcastic point there foxy

I’m having a dig about the word ‘awesome’

Sorry LOL – long day 😉

Kryton57

Awesome.

Entonox
    Free Member

My seatpost snapped after a few years of riding. They said it was because the bolts had been overtightened. Fair enough.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Thomson = Awesome’ is closed to new replies.