Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Thompson covert dropper?
  • oldtalent
    Free Member

Any reason why not to? I can find much info. £315, I dont really want another reverb & am too tight to spend £380 for the fox transfer.

muddipete
    Free Member

Can’t comment on the covert but I had a external Thomson post for 3 years and it was superb. Recently swapped frames and the Thomson 150 covert was not available when I needed it otherwise I would not have hesitated.

GolfChick
    Free Member

Yep got one to replace my warranty replacement reverb. Owned it for more than 12 months and been faultless, I’d easily get another especially with the possibility of so many different remotes now.

ajantom

I know a mate (Ontor on here) had to send back 2 Thomson droppers due to problems.

If money’s a consideration – £315 is still a lot! – then why not look at some of the newer ‘budget’ stealth droppers that have come out recently, all of which seem to be getting good reviews.

Brand-X is £125, RSP Plummet Stealth is £90, KS eTen is about £125.

rascal
    Free Member

My Brand X Ascend is only one ride old so too early to comment on longevity.
    Piss-easy to install – works brilliantly, certainly doesn’t look or feel like a budget option.
    Lever is a bit flimsy but works a treat…when it breaks I’ll get a Bontrager one for £15.

Should be easy to fix too if and when something goes wrong – plus it has a 2 year warranty.
    Has to be worth a punt for £105 delivered (ubyk a few weeks ago).

tmb467
    Free Member

Just to add to the “warranty” side…even if you do need to return it, Thomson warranty is one of the best out there

I had one (covert) returned under warranty and I’d have no problem buying another (my non-covert was superb for ages)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Thompson covert dropper?’ is closed to new replies.