Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Thomas wants a pink bike
  • lemonysam
    Free Member

I had a pink Raleigh Apex as a young teen.. could have chosen the blue or green lower spec versions, but the pink one had a girvin flex stem and a titanium handle bar!
    Not sure if I got ‘bullied’.. but it was certainly a source of entertainment for others.. perhaps it was healthy and made me learn that its ok to be the subject of humor

Yup, a flex stem will do that.

slimjim78
    Free Member

I love my pink bike the most. I also like a cheeky finger.

…?..

Lifer
    Free Member

As has been mentioned, if someone says”pink’s a girl’s colour”

Three words

Sam Blooming Hill

Also what was the point in asking him and then deciding for him anyway?

zero-cool
    Free Member

I have a pink Alpine 160. Gender stereo types should be broken

notmyrealname
    Free Member

Nothing wrong with pink bikes!

gnusmas

6 year old gnusmas (when he just turned 5) wanted a purple bike but couldn’t find one locally anywhere (wanted to make sure he could fit on it). His favourite colours are purple and lime green. He ended up with a black bike with bright pink graphics on as he saw that one and decided that was the one he wanted. He loves it.

Is it worth taking him to a few bike shops to see bikes in the flesh to gauge his reaction to different colour bikes?

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Who is this bike for you or him?

Just think about if he wanted a green one and you said, ‘no you’ve gotta have blue’

Anyway…. real men can rock pink

markrh
    Free Member

He might pick up on your (understandable i think) issues with the colour choice and that will put him off riding it…

kayla1
    Free Member

Flouro pink looks really good on a bike regardless of the gender of the person who owns it. Wasn’t pink always traditionally a boys’ colour anyway, it being a softer version of red which was seen to be a masculine colour? Blue was for girls. It’s only very recently that they’ve swapped over.

Meh. Get over it OP.

Euro
    Free Member

I wouldn’t buy my boys a pink bike because they’d get teased by other kids and it might put them off riding it. I did buy my eldest a girl’s bike one xmas as it had a lower standover than the boys version (and i cunningly covered the floral decals with manly images of skulls and bombs).

Buy him a red bike and tell him it’s dark pink.

markshires
    Free Member

For me he’ll be happy enough that he has got a new bike and won’t care what colour it is. (even if it is totally different)

I’d go for the red, it’ll be close enough to pink, and when you come to sell it on your not narrowing down your market.

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Thomas wants a pink bike’ is closed to new replies.